IB Diploma

I am a student that is currently studying as an IB Diploma Candidate in High School. I got accepted early decision into Dartmouth College. I have one question: If I don’t get my IB Diploma because of an E on the Extended Essay or not meeting one of the other requirements, will it affect my admissions into Dartmouth? Will I lose my spot?

On my D’s transcript, EE appears as a pass/fail class. Getting an F could be a problem. If EE doesn’t appear on your transcript as a grade, it shouldn’t be a problem. Make sure that any grades that appear on your transcript are high or passing in the case of pass/fail grades.

Thanks for the reply! It doesn’t show up on the transcript, but it does affect my grade for the class, so I’ll keep what you said in mind.

Lol this is exactly where I am at. My mentor finally said that my EE was good at the end but I still think it was terrible. I don’t know whether it would affect your admission decision but I could see how not receiving your IB diploma could be a problem when it was an assumption that this is the diploma you would be receiving when they offered you admissions.

I think the distinction may be whether you are getting a diploma from your HS in addition to the IBD, or just the IBD. If it’s the former, it’s unlikely to matter, but if it’s the latter, Dartmouth could be troubled that you don’t have a high school diploma.