IB History HL

Hello,
I’m currently a sophmore in high school planning my IB diploma pathway. I was wondering what AP exams taking IB History HL would prepare me for, like could I take AP european history?
Also, in comparison to other HLs, how hard is the history? I already am planning to do 3 other HLs, so is taking history as a fourth worth it?
Thanks!

Or AP world history?

I would recommend AP United States History. In my school, we take that Junior year, then HL History of the Americas Senior year. Now if you’re talking about the other pathway, which focuses on European History (I think?) AP Euro would be a better fit.

So, this year (10th grade) I’m taking AP US History. My school for IB just has these broad courses called IB History 1 and 2, not specialized to America.

I’m my school may do history different than you, but in sophomore year, we take APUSH, junior year you can take AP or IB-HL World History, and then you can take AP or IB-HL European History senior year. If you’re in IB-HL, you can still take both of those AP tests. I see other people have said that there is a History of the Americas IB test. My school doesn’t have that class, but if it’s anything like the other two IB history classes at my school, you can probably take the AP US History test after taking that class.

Here’s a description of the two paths for history:

http://www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/curriculum/individuals-and-societies/history/

Basically path one is a more classical western civ approach, while path two focuses on modern history with a more narrow focus on either Africa, Europe, Asia or the Americas. Many schools choose the region they are located in- ie an IB school in the US would choose the Americas, in Africa would choose Africa, and so on.

IB Euro and AP Euro cover different time periods at our school, my dc could not cross test. But, our IB Euro class is not HL.

At my school, we had IB History of the americas and the first year we learned a bit about U.S’ history, but also some stuff abt some latin american countries. This year has been mainly focused on 20th century topics like WW1, Mexican Rev, Apartheid.