IB lover US colleges?

<p>I heard some colleges love IB and tend to give IB applicants a great advange.
Do you know some in USA?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I’m not sure about the “love” but there are some US colleges that will consider IB scores in place of SAT/ACT.</p>

<p>If you’re a resident in Florida, University of Florida gives IB applicants a good (but not great) advantage. It’s easier to get in if you were in IB all four years. Still not a shoo-in, though; those days are over (IIRC, UF used to admit 100% of IB students in Florida about 6+ years ago with 3.0+ GPA).</p>

<p>ibo.org has a list of schools that offer aids specifically for IB students. Also, colleges like UBC, Vanderbilt, NYU, etc. like IB too (as far as I know from their visits to my school)</p>

<p>The IB has advantage in admissions, as recognized by the IBO. I recall some document stating differences between acceptance rates of IB students and the whole student body for basically every college in the States. However, exceptions apply to the top 20.</p>

I would have to agree on that. When looking at college admission, I think colleges really want unique students. And since the majority of America is AP, they want to make the academic aspects of the campus more diverse.

But again, this is only ONE of the many aspects such as grades, recs, essays and what not.

SUNY Binghamton loves IB Students. You can get up to 32 college credits there from them.

"Students in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program may receive up to 32 credits. To receive the full 32 credits, the following conditions must be met:

The IB Diploma must be completed with a score of 30 or more points; and
The student must complete at least three Higher Level exams with a score of 5 or higher.
Diploma holders who meet these conditions receive credit for their individual exam scores plus additional liberal arts elective credit to total 32 credits."

A lot of schools like IB DP kids, especially the liberal arts-ish ones, because the TOK, CAS and overall course requirements respectively demonstrate your intellectual awareness (for a lack of a better phrase), community involvement/personal development, and your preparation in all subject areas. Also, the IB workload and course structures really prepare you for college, apparently.

I read somewhere that places like Dartmouth automatically consider that you took the most rigorous course load if you do IB DP when it’s offered. Makes sense. Most other selective colleges have enough qualified applicants to be familiar with the challenge of the program, even if they don’t share Dartmouth’s policy.

CU Boulder offers an automatic 24 credits to IB Diploma Candidates. In addition, they award credits for most exams on which you get a 4 or higher (including standard level).

Tulsa University is extremely generous to IB students and NMFs. Several local graduates received 2 years of credit for their IB diploma, along with full tuition and a stipend.