IB students that have gotten all A's?

<p>I'm wondering if any of you IB students have gotten all A's in IB? If so, what did you do to achieve this? I'm starting IB junior year and I really want to get all A's and prove to the IB kids that it is possible.</p>

<p>depends. what courses are you taking?</p>

<p>It is possible, but it’s also dependent on how your school and teachers approach IB and the manner of work to give. I can tell you that never get behind on work, know PLENTY of people in each of you IB classes numbers for hw, what’s due, and help, etc., planner!, study, have a plan yet flexible, be prepared to adapt to something different, take sleep when you can, find CAS that you enjoy, and don’t be afraid to ask for help. But like above poster said, certain classes are MUCH harder than others, so it will be much more difficult in some classes to achieve you desired A’s.</p>

<p>Stay on top of things, use whatever calendar/planner works for you (for our D it was huge sheets of paper she make into calendars with colored markers). Allow time for fun/EC’s, it really does help. Make strategic choices for SATII tests, so they don’t take extra study time. Start on CAS asap…and get the paperwork done as you go along.
Good Luck!</p>

<p>Whale im currently a junior taking all IB clasess with straight A’s so heres my advice :
-study
-sleep is for the weak
lol jk but seriously , if you keep on top of things , you should be fine . You really have to study though becuhs that really helps . And if you dont understand something then dont be aftaid to ask questions ! ¡ good luck.</p>

<p>Youngambition, my older son is a junior in IB, has all A’s and is active in some extracurriculars. Denise is right; keep on top of things. He doesn’t get a lot of sleep and he drinks lots of coffee. It’s possible. Luckily, his ec’s big events are at different times of the school year.</p>

<p>I didn’t get all A’s but it’s possible. Just don’t procrastinate, study hard, and turn in assignments on time. That’s about as much advice I can give.</p>

<p>Make sure you plan out your time and do your homework whenever you get time. I’ve maintained straight As for the past three years, taking 2 extra honors/AP courses. I also have a very heavy extracurricular load, but the important this is DON"T PROCRASTINATE! Try and get all your work done whenever you have time. Use your weekends wisely! I realize a social life is important, but at the same time you’re going to have to make sacrifices to make As. Also, try preparing during the summer for your upcoming classes, a few of my classmates have done that. Also, when you have large papers due, stay up until you’re done then sleep. You need to prioritize your homework, doing what you know is graded properly, and sometimes slacking off on the ungraded work. Sleep is essential to do well in the long run, so make sure you don’t end up pulling 4 all-nighters in a row. Start your extended essay early and CAS early so you finish without cramming it all at the end.</p>

<p>Agree with all of the above with one caveat - No matter what you do, it might not be possible if you have a teacher who grades strictly to the IB rubrics, and believes that you can’t possibly get a high grade until you’ve finished much of the course. My daughters (one IB diploma graduate & one rising senior) have always gotten 7s (school uses the IB grading scale) - <em>except</em> for IB English HL which ranged from 5-6 because the teacher took the IB rubrics very seriously.</p>

<p>Learn how to bs thing well lol
Aside from that know your priorities, plan your study schedule out, use all available resources etc</p>

<p>Its definitely possible, just gotta know how to manage your time and study well</p>

<p>It’s doable. I got all As while playing varsity tennis and self studying several APs (six my junior year, got all 5s - OK, I needed to brag) and concurrently taking higher level mathematics courses. However, I also fell into depression and was taken into counseling for suicidal thoughts, so there are tradeoffs to all things.
The advice I would give is, know your limits and set your priorities. Sometimes, sleep is more important than completing that meaningless chemistry assignment.</p>

<p>I found the busier I was, the more I managed my time. I actually made much higher grades in IB than freshman/sophomore year.</p>

<p>You are right - if you want something to be done, give it to a busy person. My son got all As with 4 high levels and 4 standard levels along with extracurricular activities. Be attentive at class, do your homework right after school. Start preparing the assignments and projects as soon as you know about them. But, you need your down time and your sleep. No school work is worth a depression and jeopardizing your health.</p>