IB vs. AP Ivy League

<p>Does any school in the Ive League view IB as a more rigorous program? This would be helpful for deciding what I should do in coming years.</p>

<p>I’m not an admissions officer, but as far as I know, the answer to your question is no. Colleges, including the Ivy Leagues, do not see a difference between AP and IB. IB is not considered more or less rigorous than AP. Just make sure you take the most rigorous courses offered at your school and you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>That being said, I sincerely urge you to do IB, even if that means only taking a few IB classes. The experience and knowledge that IB gives you is far beyond anything you could obtain from an AP class, in my experience.</p>

<p>I had one AP DS and one IB DS…and asked this question at many colleges. It does not matter…as closertothestars said …just take the most challenging course of stude offered at your HS. Your guidance counselor will be asked if you took the most rigorous course load and you want their answer to be yes. I also highly recommend the IB track…the courses really delve much deeper into topics and AP, many times, is a rush to learn all for a multiple choice AP test. The AP is changing the tests to make them more like the IB which are all writing…that said, play to your strengths…if you like to write and want to learn to be a better writer then take IB…you also get to take TOK (Theory of Knowledge) which makes you really learn to think and express yourself!</p>

<p>Most colleges view both equally, but AP will get you to college and IB will get you through college.</p>

<p>Completely agree with samrule!</p>

<p>Oh man, Samrule is speaking brilliance! Yes, totally agree. I did IB in high school and found college very easy, but my AP friends were struggling! Okay, that is very anecdotal, but it is my personal belief that IB is a much better program.</p>