If I don't get my first major of choice does TAMU look at my second?

I don’t think I will get into the school for business and my second choice was biology. Also i submitted my application around mid october does that mean they already looked at my second choice into consideration or no?

I think once you’re accepted you can get into any major you want as long as there is space within the major (excluding engineering and comp sci; those are all under holistic review).

If you are not admitted to the business school, then you will be considered for biology. If you are not admitted to biology, you most likely will be offered one of the alternate pathways to full admission to College Station. Blinn Team may be one of those pathways you are offered. Blinn has a guaranteed acceptance pathwayagreement with TAMU to Mays College of Business http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/AdmissionAgreements/BuadWorksheet2016.pdf
The other pathway is PSA http://admissions.tamu.edu/PSA

Admission is to the university, then any open major may be selected with the exception of those in the College of Engineering. You are either accepted to the university or not. The requirements/decisions are not based on the major you choose. Once accepted, you may choose ANY open major. Your ‘chances’ of being a business major vs a biology major are only determined by the quantity of admits who have already chosen those majors. Traditionally business is a very popular major that fills every year. It is the rival to engineering when it comes to popularity which in turn means higher concentration of automatic admits since they are admitted to the university first. That is why the stats in those majors in the past have been higher than other majors (holistic review for engineering is new).

@AGmomx2 is correct. I gave you admissions for UT, as my sister and niece were going over all of this last night and this morning, waiting on her major decision. Sorry for the confusion. It’s been a little too wild with Thanksgiving, helping with UT stuff with niece, and the registration stress of 2 of 3 of my own in college getting needed classes, and Final Exam already for #3, the freshman engineering student this morning.

@AGmomx2 @Thelma2 do yall know if the Blinn Team is offered for Ag majors very often. I see very little on these posts about Agriculture majors…My daughter is Holistic Review… Ag Communications.

Offers of admission are NOT major based with the EXCEPTION of engineering. So your chances of Blinn Team vs
full admission are the same no matter her major. It is as simple as clicking a button to change your major prior to NSC, and at NSC you can still request a change of major although some departments are considered ‘closed’ at that time- they will publish a list. The biggest volume of apps are for engineering & business schools, so that’s why you probably see most posts with those majors & the huge changes in engineering has stirred the inquiry level even higher. The only time that major is considered is for transfer admissions & you are ONLY admitted to that major (you can’t just switch). Good luck to your daughter!