If you don't apply for a scholarship will that make Purdue think you aren't that interested?

My D has gotten notifications that the deadline is approaching for a scholarship. It looks like there are a bunch of short essay questions to answers on the application. If for some reason she doesn’t have time to do this will it make Purdue think she isn’t seriously interested in the school? She actually loved it when she saw it. Thanks

The questions are relatively easy (my DS re used many parts of essays written for other schools). I’d do them whether or not they show interest. Often FA/Scholarship is not the same department as admissions. I’d say go for it.

Purdue gives out little if any scholarship dollars to OOS. The application process is separate from the scholarship award process, so not filling out the scholarship questions will not negatively effect her chance of acceptance.

She doesn’t need to apply for a scholarship to show interest. My D has had 4 very happy years at Purdue - we really couldn’t be happier with her experience. I wish your D the best of luck!

Thanks so much :)))