IGETC for freshmen? (for UC's)

I’m currently a high school student in dual enrollment at a California Community College and I wanted to know if IGETC also applies to freshmen? Technically, the IGETC program is made for transfers, however the UC (University of California) websites do not specify that freshmen AREN’T allowed to use IGETC (except for UC San Diego, but that is the ONLY school that has specified that freshmen can not use IGETC to satisfy general education requirements).

I just wanted to make sure because I am applying to colleges soon and I just want to know whether or not I will still have to complete general education requirements. If you can answer my question or have used IGETC as a freshman, please let me know. All advice is needed, thank you!!!

If the dual enrollment courses are UC transferable and meet the a-g course requirements for the UC’s and your HS graduation requirements, then they can be used to satisfy some GE and Pre-req courses for your major at the UC’s. All UC’s have a writing requirement that needs to be fulfilled at that particular UC.