I'm confused

I recently applied and was admitted to the University of Alabama.

On the application, it asked me to select a major, and one of the options was “Pre-Medical Studies.” I selected this as I plan on pursuing the pre-med track in college. However, Pre-Medical studies is not a major at UA or at any school I have looked at. I am confused as to whether I would enter as an undeclared student. Should I change my major to Biology or leave it as it is?

Thank you!

Well, since “Pre-Medical Studies” is not a major (as you said), I don’t see how you can leave it as it is. You’ll have ample opportnity to change it when school starts.

It is a track, it is not a major. You will receive guidance as to what courses to take and the med school admission process.https://prehealth.ua.edu/pre-health-tracks/pre-medical/

Go to mybama and change it. Pick any major that you like and will do well in and complete the Premed prereqs.

What is your best and fave subject?

My son also selected pre-medical studies on the drop down menu when he completed his application. I, too, found that to be confusing since it is not actually a major.

I wish Bama would get rid of that choice because it confuses people.

Have your son go to mybama and select his major…what is his major?