Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Did the recent direct admits to Kelley, petition or did they meet the 30 ACT/3.8 GPA

2 Likes

Met the requirements for direct admit without petitioning.

3 Likes

Got an email

1 Like

Also met the requirements but barely!

3 Likes

Barely is just fineā€¦and it worked! Congratulations!

1 Like

My daughter just received the direct admit to Kelley email.

She plans to go Carlson school of Management, MN (99.99%)ā€¦ is there is way to let IU knowā€¦ may help someone in the queue.

Hereā€™s the Kelley admissions number that is posted on their website. Maybe give them a call and just let them know?

Admissions 812-855-4474

Hereā€™s a link to their contact page. There is an email available as well:

1 Like

Several days ago my daughterā€™s acceptance changed from University division to arts and sciences biology so I assumed she is now a direct admit. however Iā€™m here the other people from other colleges at IU are getting emails about direct admissions but we have not. Has anyone received an arts and sciences direct admit email?

We definitely do not have the same portal :grinning: thank you for the screenshot now I get it

Iā€™ll be happier if the status actually changes, but it is good to know Iā€™m not the only one. LOL

2 Likes

Same here! Ours looks the same as yours too.

1 Like

Those who recieved the email of acceptance, did the email contain an offer or invitation to apply for scholarships?

No. About a week after the acceptance email S23 received an email with the SSA invite to apply for a scholarship.

1 Like

Congrats to all!! My son just admitted to Kelley school of biz (yay!). He was admitted as pre-business, but it sounds like thereā€™s still a chance he could be converted to a direct admit. Weā€™ll see. If that doesnā€™t happen, is it a significant disadvantage to be in the pre-business program? Are there more classes involved or do they take the same course load as direct admits for year one - and must then re-apply for acceptance into the Kelley school based on their academic record? TIA!

2 Likes

Based on his stats (GPA and SAT/ACT score; refer to Kelley Admissions website), please evaluate whether he will get a Direct Admit to Kelley. If not, you will need to petition for Direct Admission. The Standard Admission route to Kelley (after the freshman year) has requirements around coursework, grades and GPA (also spelled out clearly on the Kelley Admissions website) due to which there is no guarantee of admission into Kelley. Itā€™s a personal preference; my son is clear he prefers a Direct Admission program and will not go down the Standard Admit route in case his Kelley DA petition is denied.

Does anyone know if they roll out acceptances by region/admissions rep or by school/major?

They take the same courses freshman year as Direct Admits, but need a minimum GPA in those courses to be officially admitted sophomore year. My older son is a Kelley sophomore and was a DA.

1 Like

I donā€™t think anyone knows for sure. It seems like most business majors are the ones getting acceptances that we see on various pages on Facebook and such.

3 Likes

CS premajor admitted on 11/1. Waiting for direct admit

1 Like

what major? business?