Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

How do you send a petition? My son is looking for CS.

Hi! She sent hers directly through this link. Have him scroll all the way to the bottom:

Thank you, same to your son!

1 Like

We are having trouble with the IU app and Duo. How else can we check application status? Anyone hear yet?

Not yet. Haven’t had any trouble with the website, so maybe try that.

One.IU.edu is the web address

My daughter applied last year, and sent a petition for Kelley, also. Just so you know, the admission for IU came earlier. The direct admit to Kelley came weeks later. My younger daughter is applying to IU now, but not for business.

We keep checking twice a day.

1 Like

Same! Probably more than twice a day. For the last couple of years they have mostly posted decisions mid-week, mostly on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I think I’ve gathered that many times the portal is updated on Tuesday, but some people don’t check it and then they receive an email a couple of days later. My daughter was accepted OOS on Thurs 10/28/21 last year, but I think she saw the email which means it may have updated 2 days sooner on the portal and she just hadn’t checked it. She applied on 9/13/21. My son applied on 9/14 this year, so I’m hoping for a decision in the next couple of weeks. Good luck!!!

1 Like

Whats required- by the Nov 1st deadline? Transcript/Reccos/School report/ essays??

Can someone help me understand when/why you have to send the petition to Kelley? My son is hoping for a direct admit to Kelley. What need to be done for a direct admit other than choosing the major? Thanks!

Your weighted gpa has to be a 3.8 and act of 30 or sat of 1370 for direct admit. For top achieving kids, this isn’t an issue. But for some who struggle test wise, whose schools don’t weight or want to go TO or for other reasons, it could be.

2 Likes

There is some more information here in this thread. It is basically what @tsbna44 said 

So if your S doesn’t meet the direct admit criteria (highest GPA on transcript whether uw or w plus test score) for Kelley as detailed above (or if he is applying test optional), he MUST fill out the Kelley petition that will be available in his portal after applying. Do this ASAP, do not wait for acceptance to IU (which comes before any Kelley decision).

If he meets the direct admit criteria he does not need to complete the petition, and will be admitted to the university, then Kelley.

Good luck.

2 Likes

They need everything by Nov 1st.

Has anyone heard anything re admissions yet? My son received an email saying his application was complete and the email noted that they would begin releasing decisions in early October.

We haven’t heard anything yet after also getting the same email a couple of weeks ago. Going by last year’s EA forum for IU in CC, the first admissions were reported on Oct 21. I am guessing we could see some admittances next week.

3 Likes

And the year before that, the first admissions were reported on 10/13/20. So maybe this week or next they’ll start rolling out. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Crossing fingers!!!

1 Like

If you look here, some heard as early as 10/6 last year!! Any Early Action Decisions yet? - #7 by Malia77

4 Likes