Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

My daughter was admitted yesterday. She sent in her app the 2nd week of September. She got in for marketing and applied to Kelley. No email sent, she just happened to check her portal and her status said “admitted”

5 Likes

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Congrats! The email will come in a couple more days, and the Kelly direct admit decision will come in a few weeks.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone knows, but is Indiana considered “first in first out” or more random with their decisions?

Hindi - my daughter is similar - Application complete 9/20, Psychology BA major. She has not heard anything. Her stats are pretty good and should be a direct admit to A&S. Many of her friends have heard back and all who applied business heard back right away (even some who just applied in the last couple of weeks). Perhaps it is a COAS thing???

I don’t understand this whole direct admit for majors other than business. His gpa is 3.68 and went test optional so I’m kind of nervous he’s on the low end of the gpa range.

1 Like

Hindi - My understanding for COAS is that if the student meets GPA but is test optional, they will look at strength of schedule and extracurriculars. Unless your son got his GPA just taking easy classes and did nothing in his free time he should be fine. A large number of kids apply test optional to IU.

I see. He has 3 AP’s and 3 Honors for his 4 years of HS and pretty good extracurriculars (I know everyone says that :rofl:). What is the gpa requirement for COAS?

I think I found my answer.

1 Like

We are in the same boat….waiting to hear from COAS. Applied 9/29, complete on 10/10.

1 Like

My daughter applied on 9/18 and portal received 9/28. She applied for Fashion Merchandising so in the Arts college. Nothing here yet. I am an IU alum and it’s her first choice. We live in Florida and my son attends Purdue so it would be awesome to have them both in same state as my parents.

2 Likes

My D23 has applied on 10/19 and we are waiting for application complete email. Someone else mentioned we should watch for an email with “Thank You” at the top of the email and application received message. Are these two different emails?

We got the “your application is complete” email almost 2 weeks after submitting, so I’m sure it’s coming.

Having done this before, do you happen to know if they send out decisions in order of receiving applications (first in, first out) or is it more random? My son applied on 9/29, (complete on 10/10) and we’re getting super nervous over here!

I don’t know the answer, but my daughter applied last year on 9/13/2021 and my son applied this year on 9/14/2022. I do not think either application was complete until the end of September. My daughter got her decision on Thursday 10/28/21. So, I’m hoping it will be this week or next for my son to get a decision. Fingers crossed! Good luck to your son! Try not to read into any of it too much, because we don’t know if it’s by application date, by major, by state, or something else.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. Waiting is hard :wink: Best of luck!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what major did your kids apply to?

My daughter was College of Arts & Sciences for Speech and Hearing Sciences and my son is University Division- Exploratory. My daughter ended up choosing to go to The University of Texas at Austin in the end, so I don’t know much about what happens after an acceptance.

So difficult!!! I feel your pain. lol :crazy_face:

I’m not a fan of abbreviations so bucking the trend here. We are an out of state family from the northeast, white male, direct apply to Kelley but heard today of acceptance to IU-Bloomington. He submitted his application the first week of October. This was a safety school coming from an independent school with strong grades A- average, not recruited athlete but 3 sport athlete since 9th grade and varsity letters in each. Many extracurriculars with leadership roles slight hook is music (been giving lessons for 5 years, singing group at school). Summer job for three consecutive summers. Just since everyone asks for stats. Good luck to all.

4 Likes