Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

My daughter applied Fashion merchandising. We are from Florida

But haven’t heard yet

Congrats!

OOS Daughter who was accepted a little over a week ago completed the general scholarship application and then received an invite for the SSA award application? Does anyone know how this works? Is general merit offered first and then the SSA app opens up consideration for additional awards?

Despite applying on 10/5, my son’s counselor just sent the transcript on Monday 10/24. It shows it was downloaded 10/25, but as of 10/27, it still shows in the “to do” list, so his application is not complete. If anyone submitted a transcript after the portal was created, how long did it take from Common App download to reflect as received in the IU portal. I’m really hoping that it will show up before 11/1.

We submitted 9/29 and got the “your application is complete” under 2 weeks later on 10/10. You can probably email the admissions office about this.

1 Like

If a student applied EA and ends up waitlisted or denied, when do they typically hear?

What’s the general scholarship application? Do they fill it after acceptance?

You can probably look at the previous year’s EA admission thread to see when people started posting those decisions.

1 Like

Read through most and no luck. We’ll just wait and see :wink:

yes first received email came in and after about 5 days another saying application is complete. On CA, the application got downloaded the very next day after applying.

1 Like

Thanks @Pre-college. My D23 contacted the admission counselor assigned to our state since the deadline is next week, and we don’t expect the IU account by Nov. 1. She confirmed they received all the application material from CA.

1 Like

We have the same question, did you receive a response by chance?

OOS DS applied 9/30, accepted 10/28.
Weighted GPA 3.83
SAT 1360

2 Likes

Congrats!! What major?

Looking to hear about chances of getting into The Media School. Test optional, 3.6 with good, major-related ECs
Applied early and visited.

You don’t need a chance me; if you applied early you’ll likely hear soon and then you’ll know. The delay may be due to the school you applied or perhaps you’re borderline and want to see the rest of the applicants. Unfortunately, none of us - no matter what we say - matters - so be patient - and ensure you’ve got a safety just in case.

What’s your #2 if this doesn’t work out (and I’m not saying it won’t).

Visiting doesn’t play a part (they don’t factor interest) but last year 39% didn’t submit a test so TO isn’t uncommon. 3.6 - is that your UW or Weighted? If UW, what’s your weighted? While most have over a 3.6 (they show weighted), not everyone does.

It’s definitely a reach but not an impossibility. Don’t fall in love with any school - and ensure you have a safety.

Good luck to you. You’ll do great wherever you end up.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. 3.6 is weighted. There are safety schools that have sent acceptances, so all good. Just very curious!

1 Like

@Mojo88 when did you get application completed email?

1 Like

Alexis - Just my opinion - but I think that you are good with a 3.6 applying early to the Media School. Looks like a 3.6 meets their direct admit criteria. You never know, but I think chances are good. Good luck!

1 Like