Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2024 Admission

My daughter applied to IU on Sep 12th, got her login details after 10days but she still cannot submit review request - getting some error. Is anyone having that issue?

It will be another 3 - 5 days for that user to sync with the Kelley review request.

1 Like

did she ever get in to submit the request? If so, how did she do it. We just got the portal on Saturday and we donā€™t see where to put the request in.

You can go into IU website/Kelly School, there is a link to ā€˜Complete review requestā€™

1 Like

Kelley is a separate concept, itā€™s not something that I am aware shows up on the main portal admissions which probably says something like need to submit transcript etcā€¦ You have to apply to Kelley school specifically. If you have the requisite auto admit stats and state a business major Kelley receives that information and admits you without the review request.

thank you ā€“ we found it! Good luck to everyone

Trying to make sense of IU process. Can anyone spoon feed it to me like I am a child? Lol

D applied 10-3 but high school hasnā€™t sent in her school reports yet. Still no portal.

IR/Poli sci - so arts & sciences. Applied with a 4.1 but test optional so she wonā€™t be a direct admit. Is she supposed to file petition now or wait to be admitted? And how long is review typically taking for non-Kelley applicants? Thanks!

You asked spoon feeding!

IU is an early action school with applications for EA due 11/1. You apply to be admitted to the University. It is my understanding that IU will be releasing admits in batches of time after 11/1. I do not know if when they release decisions it is based on the date you apply, minimum scores or some other methodology. I believe their plan is to have most decisions from 11/1 by 2/1.

Portal ID information is based on IU processing your information when you send it in. My daughter applied via common app and it was about a week when she received it - the portal really does nothing for you at this point that I know of. If 10/3 app - then probably today or tomorrow.

High school transcripts are usually sent in from your high school based on the school you are applying to admissions process - so in IUā€™s case with an 11/1 deadline the high school will probably provide it in the next couple of weeks or right at 11/1. Thatā€™s a question for the high school.

I do not believe you can petition for Arts and Sciences until you are admitted to IU but not directly admitted to the major. Part of IUā€™s goal with no more rolling admissions is to align admissions decisions to the University and the direct admit majors in one communication. How long that takes to then petition if not directly admitted on initial application is new territory for IU.

1 Like

Thanks. School sent in transcript so I guess itā€™s complete, just waiting on portal and decision. Will wait to petition if/when sheā€™s in.

2 Likes

The 3.5 GPA/1240 SAT or 26 ACT direct admit seems unusually high compared to the take 26 counting credit hours with a 2.0 while at IU to enter the A&S college. I will be interested to learn more if you post about your application success. Iā€™m not entirely sure what direct admit to A&S gets someone, which is not meant as a negative comment. I am interested to hear from you or others what that entails. Maybe there are scholarships in that DA process.

1 Like

From what I understand it means she can start talking classes in her major (poli sci and/or IR at lugar) as a freshmen. She has a 4.1 w but test optional so they can either waive the test requirement or we can petition based on essays and ECs. ( I think). And then there may or may not be honors. She has like 15 schools and this one seems most complicated!

1 Like

Can anyone clarify the essay question? If they submit the common app essay, do they need to do the IU essay?

No, you donā€™t. Just do the personal statement.

1 Like

By ā€˜personal statementā€™ you mean that one of the common app essay prompts is enough? Sorry, conflicting info everywhere on this and given how slow the portal is to update Iā€™m concerned

IU requires 1 essay. Common app would be the main common app prompt you choose meeting this 1 essay requirement. Which I believe is what ā€œpersonal statementā€ by the poster above means. No matter what you call it - choose 1 of the common app prompts, answer it, done.

1 Like

For last couple of years, results start coming during third week of October. Are we expecting some results to be out this week, or as mentioned earlier in the forum, this year process has changed and result will come later as combined result(IU + individual colleges)?

1 Like

I feel like this year is going to be different. The website says that if you apply EA, you will receive a decision BY 1/15. Purdue and UIUC both have January decisions dates, and notices are all sent out on the same day. I wonder if IU has moved to this notification model. Either way, Iā€™ve told my daughter not to expect to hear anything until mid January and be pleasantly surprized if she finds out anything sooner than that.

DS24 is currently working on his application for the 11/1 EA deadline. Will he need to have all his supporting materials in by that date as well? I see some schools give a few more weeks for those materials to be sent - such as transcripts. I feel like heā€™s going to be hitting submit just before midnight on 11/1. Gently trying to nudge him along.

1 Like

You can apply for the petition before receiving and acceptance from IU. You will get a student Iā€™d from IU. Then go to Kelley and submit petition.

The poster is not asking about Kelley

1 Like