Info to transferring to UF

<p>I am currently a sophomore at CUNY Queens College in NY and i want to transfer to the University of Florida for the upcoming semester (fall 2010). I currently have a GPA if 3.1 and hopefully by the end of the spring semester i want to have a higher GPA. At QC I am doing a major in speech pathology and am done taking all my required classes. I am also extremely active in my university. (Currently being part of my University's Student government/ 2 other committees/ community service organization.) Aside from being a full time student, and being so involved I am also managing a job that i have had for 2 1/2 years. I do not know if my GPA, experience and outside info will help me to be able to transfer to the university of florida. I started the application but still have doubts on my qualifications. </p>

<p>I would also like to know more info on UF's financial aid, how much aid would i receive since i see that its pretty pricey for an out of state student.
In NY i receive full financial aid since i live in a home with a single parent (my mother) </p>

<p>thank you so much
bellkis</p>

<p>Hi bell, welcome to CC and the Hispanic Students forum!</p>

<p>I’m not that familiar with UF, particularly transfer admissions; if you haven’t seen it already, here is what the College Board says about UF transfer admissions:</p>

<p>[College</a> Search - University of Florida - UF - Admission](<a href=“College Search - BigFuture | College Board”>College Search - BigFuture | College Board)</p>

<p>And from UFs website:</p>

<p>[University</a> of Florida - Admissions](<a href=“http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/ugrad/trapprocess.html]University”>http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/ugrad/trapprocess.html)</p>

<p>It does look like they’re relatively selective, as they give preference to FL residents with an AA degree. I’m afraid that with only a couple of exceptions, state schools do not generally give very good FA to OOS students, as their mandate is to give priority to residents.</p>

<p>Hopefully others who know more about UF will chime in.</p>