Is Colorado College liberal/inclusive?

Hi all,

I am a transgender undergraduate student seeking to transfer to a liberal co-ed institution, preferably one with a neuroscience major. Colorado College gets good ratings on the Campus Pride Index, but in your experience is it welcoming to LGBT people?

Also, how is Colorado College when it comes to disability services and support? I have a learning disability for which I have been using a 504 for a long time.

Lastly, what is your view of the neuroscience program? I looked at the website and it seemed very small, but are all the departments like that?

• deepseafish

Hello!

I have a really good friend who is a freshman at CC and I am going there next year. Everything that I have heard from literally everyone that I have talked to said that it is an extremely accepting environment for all different types of people.

As for neuroscience, my friend who is there right now did independent studies in Neuroscience all throughout high school and it is what she loves, though she is only a freshman she feels as though the Neuroscience program is extremely strong, otherwise she would not have gone there!

I hope this helps!