Is it too late to get Honors Housing?

<p>I just applied for housing last week and I know that people can choose housing by priority of their housing application date. Do the ridgecrest/honors dorms fill up quickly? Will I still have a chance to get an Honors dorm room even though I only applied last week?</p>

<p>There are a few threads posted earlier discussing this. There is no clear answer. You may still be able to get honors housing on your own. However, your best bet will be to find roommates that will “pull” you into a suite in one of the Ridgecrest buildings on their earlier time slot. Check out the roommate pages on FB: Check out Ridgecrest Honors 2018, and the various University of Alabama Class of 2018 pages. The honors page is better. Also if you are female, check out UA Class of 2018 Rush. And there is a UA Class of 2018 NonGreek. Also, the Parents page is pretty active and helpful with connecting kids and rooms. Have your parents check out University of Alabama Class of 2018 Parents. Post describing yourself–major, where from, personality, etc, and in need of roommate. Go through posts and if see someone compatible looking, message them. Get busy. Deadline is May 1st. You and your roommates must select each other on the housing application before May 1 so that they can pull you in. Also once you find roommates, decide your 1st, 2nd & 3rd choices of where to live; who will be in what room…A, B, C, & D, what floor etc. The person with the earliest time will not have time during selection to communicate with you about preferences. Also be prepared if they have a later date and time, that 4 empty rooms of a suite may not be available and there may only be 2 or even 1 available. The Housing office had a chat online on room selection last week and were supposed to record and post it. Good luck.</p>

<p>One more FB page you may want to check out: UA 18 Honors College. I think the Honors pages are better than the regular Class pages for your purposes.</p>

<p>CaliKid - Also, don’t stress too much if you don’t get into Honors housing. Based on last year’s stats, there will be at least 500 Honors freshmen NOT living Honors housing - for various reasons. Some prefer the location of some of the older dorms, some can’t afford the Honors dorms, some prefer a dorm with an attached cafeteria, some prefer to be in a special community (such as Blount Initiative), etc… Good luck!</p>

<p>Yes, I suspect you’ll have LOTS of company in non-Honors housing, given how laid back a lot of our boys are in pursuing roommates who might “pull” them in. </p>

<p>BTW, my son is technically a “CaliKid” too–he was born in San Diego. :-D</p>

<p>My local admissions counselor said on Thursday that there should still be space in honors dorms for those of us who submitted housing applications this week.</p>

<p>@SurvivorFan - There may be, but, I’d suggest you search for someone on the Facebook groups that has an earlier housing priority that could pull you in.</p>

<p>My son has been lax in his college admission process, but, we paid the housing deposit the first day. He gets to pick 7 pm CST on May 1st. PM me and I can give you his email.</p>

<p>Just checking up on my original post. Its a few months later and I was able to find other roommates also searching for honors housing and they were able to pull me in to it because they had a time slot for selecting their dorm. </p>

<p>Smart move, @CaliKid1455‌. Congrats and Roll Tide!</p>