Is it worth it to apply to The Cooper Union?

I applied EDII to UChicago but I want to look at other schools just in case. I studied in New York City with the CITYterm semester school and I loved it, so I started looking at some schools in NYC. The one with the most draw for me is The Cooper Union. I’m worried about applying regular decision to the Art School though, as I haven’t seen a posted acceptance rate for RD.
I am also worried about sending them my art for the Hometest, they make it sound like if you don’t get in, they’ll throw out your portfolio. (They ask for a lot too, 5 supplements, your personal sketchbook, the originals of your 5 best pieces, etc) Does anyone know if this is true?? I don’t want them to throw out all my work, that’s not worth it for me.

Some of my stats and stuff if it will help chance me:
I’ve gone to two Semester Schools, The Oxbow School and CITYterm at the Masters School
I graduated a year early at the top of my class
I’m currently on a gap year to do some independent research on experimental pedagogy. (to do this, I spent this semester at CITYterm and the summer at the Yale Summer Program in Astrophysics)
I interned in Medical Illustration with Barrow Neurological Institute
GPA - 4.2
AP Art - 5
ACT - 28

The other schools I applied to:
UChicago
Brown|RISD Dual Degree
Rice University
UC Berkeley

Only way to get a definitive answer on the return of your portfolio is to contact Cooper Union.

https://cooper.edu/admissions/contact

The Office of Admissions is here to assist you regarding any questions pertaining to the admissions or application process. They may be contacted electronically, by phone, postal mail, or visited in person.

Contact Us by Email

admissions@cooper.edu

Contact Us by Mail

The Cooper Union
Office of Admissions
30 Cooper Square
New York, NY 10003-7120

Contact Us by Phone or Fax

Call: (212) 353-4120
Fax: (212) 353-4342

@HarvardHater39 Cooper’s latest accepted students profile (2017) does not differentiate between the ED and RD art applicants. From the Cooper website: “The School of Art received 903 applications; 64 students were admitted (7%) and 62 of those students accepted our offer (97%).”