Is my SAT score good enough?

<p>Basically, I did very well on the ACT, but poorly on the SAT. I made a 1900. I just realised that I can register for the January 26 SAT test and have my scores sent immediately to UM, but before I do, is it worth it? Will retaking the SAT and having (hopefully) improved scores improve my chances of getting in?</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>Why can’t you just submit your ACT score? They don’t take the ACT?</p>

<p>If you did well on the ACT, just send those. Don’t waste time and money trying to get a better score on the SAT.</p>

<p>My ACT was 32…is that considered “good”?</p>

<p>@ciela457, That is a silly question to ask. the national average for the ACT is a 21…</p>

<p>32 is a very good score. If you have a good GPA/class rigor, you’ll almost certainly get in.</p>

<p>Thank you for your responses… I wasn’t aware that the National Average was a 21! That makes me feel a bit more confident!</p>

<p>32 ACT is quite good and equal to about a 2130 SAT. </p>

<p>Also, Miami superscores the ACT for anyone out there who has or wants to take it twice!</p>

<p>ciela…from what I was told, a 29 ACT= 1300 SAT (out of 1600) with each additional point=40 SAT point. Therefore, 30=1340, 31=1380, 32=1420.
So a 32 is very very good. Just send the ACT and throw that SAT score away!</p>

<p>I have a super score of 1740 but I have lots of work experience, community service hours, varsity captain in swimming, water polo. A jazz band member, school president. I’m an international. Is it quite difficult for me then?</p>

<p>To the OP, I think that score (and the ACT score) is good enough provided that you have a good enough GPA.</p>

<p>Deathliga, depends on your CR+M score and your GPA.</p>