Is this more of a reach than I thought?

<p>Sorry I know you guys all probably hate these but I didn't really think Wisconsin would be too much of a reach but I'm worried it is now haha. So I applied I just wanted to know if you guys think I'm strong out of state candidate or not.</p>

<p>SAT IIs (if sent): Chem: 710, Math 2: 690 (yeah they suck)
ACT: 34 (but a 35 superscored if it's important)
GPA:3.7/4.5 weighted. Its bad but I made pretty much all Bs fresh/soph yr and straight As junior yr/ ALWAYS took the hardest classes (honors/AP)
Rank: horrible, I imagine, i know i'm in top 30%, probably a little better though
APs: APUS: 4 , AP World: 4, AP Chem: 5</p>

<p>ECs:
-Eagle Scout
-4 yrs varsity swimming
-2 yrs jv water polo, 2yrs varsity water polo (captain senior year)
-Volunteer at local charity organization summer 2010 (25 hrs/week)
-Volunteer lifeguard at local charity summer camp (4hrs/week)
-Habitat for Humanity the past three summers for a week
-HS Students for Obama fall 2008
-Young Democrats 2009, president 2010
-Drumline and Marching Band 4 years - Section leader in 2010</p>

<p>Essays: the personal statements were alright</p>

<p>School Type: public, but decently competitive
Ethnicity: white/caucasian

<p>weakness: GPA
strength: ridiculous upward trend in grades (from Bs Fresh/Soph to straight As junior/senior (thus far))</p>

<p>Schedule this yr:</p>

<p>4 APs this year - Calc, Lit, Bio, Gov</p>

<p>You will get in. Stop being worried</p>

<p>btw- you can’t superscore the ACT.</p>

<p>Are you joking or are you just terrible with statistics? Your GPA is fine and your ACT is 7 points above UW-Madison’s average. Stop worrying.</p>

<p>Ok cool, I just had a bit of a panic attack yesterday and needed some security, my fresh/soph grades just suck and I was just freakin out. Thanks! No need for further commentary, and wis75 thats what i thought, I wasn’t sure though</p>

<p>You will probably be denied. Your ACT doesn’t make up for your poor GPA</p>

<p>A 3.7 UW GPA is not “poor” with a hard curriculum. Plus OP has an upward trend.</p>

<p>With 34ACT, 3.7 UW GPA, ECs, and course rigor you have an excellent chance.</p>

<p>I was kidding.</p>

<p>The upward trend counts a lot, your overall gpa is also decent. As others say- don’t worry (nothing you can change, anyhow). Do not slack off.</p>