James Madison Audition Day

@KatMT can you tell me if this timeline still holds true ? For regular admission it may not be until end of March until we hear something?

@DramaLove2020 RD applicants (including those who were deferred academically from EA) should hear their artistic decision by mid-March through their admissions portal at the same time they get their academic admissions decision.

Some EA academic admits heard their artistic decision in December, at the same time as they received their academic acceptance. The rest of the EA academic admits from Decemeber are receiving their artistic decisions over the next few days.

@KatMT - thank you ! We are frantically checking the portal everyday and wondering why in gods name my D didn’t apply EA??! The things you learn : )

Woo hoo!!! My D got accepted to MT today !!! It updated in her portal that we have been stalking. This was one of her favorite auditions : ). Super excited here! Now to hope she gets some scholarship $

KatMT,

I don’t know if you are still active on this page, but thought I’d take a chance! My son visited virtually in January 2021, had an ‘in person’ (self-guided) tour in the Spring of 2021, and auditioned last February. He was admitted academically and artistically. JMU was his first choice, however, he had a change of heart and decided he wanted to pursue a BFA program in NYC.

He has had a great first semester, however, he is now feeling that he would like to be in JMU’s BA program in order to double major and expand upon his other academic interests. Additionally, he wants to be part of a larger, vibrant campus. Can you offer any advice? Would he be able to reach out through email to get more information/advice? Thanks so much for any advice you can offer.

Hello!

I do still check in on CC!! I usually read once a day or so, but have been off the past few days with CHICAGO rehearsals starting last week and classes yesterday.

I will try to PM you now. Happy to talk through options with you and your son.

Thank you for reaching out. :grinning: