June SAT I scores?

<p>So the scores for the most recent SAT I came out today and I was just wondering how I did compared to other high-caliber AA applicants like those on this site.</p>

<p>Overall: 2230
Breakdown: CR780/M770/W680</p>

<p>CR: Likely got 3 or so wrong as I don't recall omitting any questions. I'm happy with my score, but not surprised since CR is usually my best section and a 780 is well within my range.</p>

<p>M: 1-2, maybe 3 wrong; didn't omit anything here either. Very happy with this score. Let's just say my M PSAT scores were nowhere near 77.</p>

<p>W: Well below what I know I'm capable of. Scores of 75+ on both my sophomore and junior PSATs gave me a false sense of security, I guess. Omitted 2 and ended up with a 69 on MC and 8 on the essay. I spent too much time writing my thesis and working on the first paragraph for the essay, barely finished the third body paragraph, and left out the conclusion altogether. Hopefully that thing about colleges emphasizing the core score (CR+M) is true for the ones I'm applying to.</p>

<p>So do these scores make me a competitive candidate for the Ivies and other upper-tier universities like MIT, Stanford, UChicago, JHU, Georgetown, etc.? I know there are a lot of other factors that come into play during the admissions process, but do they at least give me a fighting chance or keep me in the running on their own? Also, should I retake to improve Writing and get a higher superscore? This is my first and only attempt so far. Thanks for any replies!</p>

<p>Congrats on your score! I looked at your other thread with your stats and you seem to be doing a really solid job all round. Have you taken the SAT IIs? If not, that should be a priority before retaking the SAT. Since the writing score is out of range with your other scores, you were doing better with practice exams, and you don’t feel your essay was the best, I would say give it one more try.</p>

<p>You seem to be a viable candidate for any of the schools you listed, but I am sure that the MITES application process was a reality check and you know that you just can’t ever feel secure with those types of admissions odds. Just be sure to throw in a couple of less reachy schools just in case. Good luck.</p>

<p>I think you have a rock solid shot at the Ivies. </p>

<p>I would sy focus in the SAT II exams if you haven’t already done it. Then focus on your essays and recommendation letters. Your SAT score is competitive, now you need to make sure that everything else is also competitive.</p>

<p>Personally, I say there is no need to retake the exam even though the writing is actually not too hard of an area to improve. It’s up to you though. If all your ducks are already in a row and you have extra free time you want to use studying, then by all means, go for it. Just remember, it’s the complete package that top schools are looking for.</p>

<p>You only need one Plan B school if you know of one that you would love to attend.</p>