Just got in!! as a transfer

<p>No idea how i got a decision so fast!! anyone know when i would find out about financial aid and scholarships?</p>

<p>Congrats player! Im a transfer student from Cali and just received my acceptance. On the web page the date indicated 4/15 for decisions. Hopefully we are getting a scholarship</p>

<p>Congrats to you both!! I just got in too as a transfer but I’m local so I found out on the first. Financial Aid packets should be sent to us by April 1 once the school has our completed FAFSA application.</p>

<p>Any kind of merit scholarships however would have been included in your acceptance letter. If you haven’t received it in the mail yet you should check the Student Financial tab on MY UM and the current awards section would list any kind of academic scholarship you were awarded.</p>

<p>Thanks. I’m considered independent so they require a tax transcript to verify this before any award is available. So I’m hoping I receive some form of scholarship</p>

<p>Hello independent user You need to send in a form i think.Honestly i can only attend the school if i at least get 40k in grants(with a 0 efc and a 3.76 gpa).What are my chances?</p>

<p>Yea I just ordered my tax transcripts and will send ASAP. I’m not sure about the amount of grants. I do know with an efc of 0 you will get a good amount of federal but not enough. But also private universities typically give a sizable amount. Where r u from?</p>

<p>If you’re still coming on here and checking in for whatever reason I have a couple questions for you.</p>

<h1>1 What were your stats prior to getting into the school?</h1>

<h1>2 What is your major? I’m a Sports Administration major and not sure how competeitive it is.</h1>

<p>My overall GPA since returing to school after 5 years is 3.34 and have around 210 hours of volunteeer work, some great letters of rec, and good letters I wrote in the common app. Yeah, I used to be an eff up but cleaned up my act and now tryin’ to better myself. Hopefully they see the transformation and let me in.</p>

<p>@somebeast So did you apply for Fall of 2013? I am applying as a transfer student as well and I’m still in the process of filling out my application. I didn’t know they would notify so early. I need to hurry up and finish my application.</p>