L & C location

<p>Does Lewis and Clark feel more Urban or Suburban?</p>

<p>I believe it's more suburban. DD2 visited and loved it. She wouldn't unless there are trees and nature right there.</p>

<p>It's listed as urban, but I think it's more suburban. But, they do have a great bus system with several stops on campus that will take you into Portland.</p>

<p>Feel of campus is for sure suburban...the campus is on the end of the bus line into Portland. My daughter and I visited last fall...she is in LOVE w/the school.
I am very curious to hear about financial aid offers other have received from L&C in past?
I have heard they are not incredibly generous...is this true?</p>

<p>Radannie, I don't know first hand but from the website it looks like the higher awards are for merit and not financial aid.</p>

<p>Lewis & Clark is located on top of a hill at the edge of a VERY posh suburban location (picture old estate homes with gates and driveways). The campus is simply beautiful. the school has a bus service (runs all the time) to take students to local shopping areas as well as to downtown Portland (about 20 minutes on bus to downtown).<br>
Re: Financial Aid...I feel that the school was generous. They met our full need as established by the FAFSA and Profile. Her package includes a 4K Dean's (merit) scholarship, a 16.5K grant, a 3.5K subsidized Stafford Loan and a small work study award. D is a National Merit Scholar and so received a a 2K scholarship from my husband's employer. The school reduced her work study award by the 2K in National Merit money. It's still difficult for us, but I think the school was very fair.</p>

<p>Mys son graduated last June. They met our EFC as stated by FAFSA. He had $11,500 in merit, some grants and Stafford loans. Of the 5 colleges that he was accepted to, L & C gave him the best package. It helped that it was also his favorite school.</p>

<p>lc is located in a wealthy, quiet, suburban area of portland, but the school shuttle can have students at fred meyer (sort of like a target and grocery store mixed) within 10 minutes, and downtown within 20. while not exactly in the city, lc is still super close to downtown and its numerous opportunities.</p>