Latinos!!! Do you think I have a shot at Rice University.

<p>I have a 3.6 GPA (unweighted) and an SAT score of 1120 (math and reading) or a 1805 with the writing. I have taken numerous AP classes and have even received AP Scholar award. I am in the top 20% of my class. I am Hispanic, obviously why I am in this forum, and have played cross country in high school. I am secretary for Hispanic Student Association and an avid member of Key Club. I'm also in Earth Club. I'm in Spanish National Honor Society and work part time at a local restaurant (Cheddar's). </p>

<p>Do you think I have a chance with these qualifications? What should I improve on? Tell me everything you think I should do!</p>

<p>I don’t do chances, but I’m willing to give you some comments.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Is that an 1800 or 1850?? CB shows Rice’s 25:75 SAT range as 1950:2280, so your score well below the 25% range. Depending on your CR/Math breakdown, Rice could be concerned that you have the CR skills needed to be a successful student. What are your AP classes and scores?</p>

<p>Are you disadvantaged, low income, 1st gen to college, attend an underserved HS, etc.? If so, Rice might give you a bump in your SAT scores, but how much really depends on your particular situation.</p>

<p>If you’re currently a sr, there aren’t too many ways to improve your HS record other than by keeping your grades up for mid-term reports. Work hard on your essays, and your Rice box ;).</p>

<p>I agree with entomom, the sat scores are kind of low… your ECs sound pretty good and I would just work on having stellar essays :)</p>