Lessons Learned On Move Out Weekend

<p>@bamagirls - where is your thread on the tips for moving out and to pack the box of cleaning supplies and leave it in front of storage for next year, etc? I can’t find it and I know it’s here somewhere. </p>

<p>Hey, Class2012mom. I’ll look for it later today and post a link here. :)</p>

<p>I haven’t forgotten about looking for this. I can offer another tip not related to move in/out though. Never leave your clothes in a dressing room while trying on clothes. If you have nice clothes, criminals don’t care if you were wearing them first.:frowning: Worst shopping experience ever!</p>

<p>what the…?! :-/ </p>

<p>sent you a pm, aeromom. It was a shocking experience to say the least. While shopping a very well-known, high end mall in ATL this weekend, two of our girls had their clothing stolen from the fitting room while they were only feet away. My DH, another daughter, and I were also feet away. I’m just thankful they weren’t physically hurt.</p>

<p>Yikes! What did they wear out of the store?</p>

<p>My husband ran down to JCrew and purchased shorts and shirts. </p>

<p>We are bringing Amazon book size boxes to pack up books when we take son back from Spring Break at home. As a senior engineering major, we always insist he bring back his textbooks every year for reference for his upper level classes. I suggested to H that we should bring our book sized boxes, packing tape and sharpies, so we can pack and label the books at our leisure on Sunday, pack them in the car to bring home, and stick them in our local storage unit. When he gets his own apartment or goes up to grad school, he can decide what books he needs. We will also bring home totes of stuff he won’t use for the next month. Usually, we leave those and put them in storage over the summer at Bama, but since son is graduating, those will come home to either use for grad school or donate to a local school or charity. </p>

<p>Please tell your student (this is from experience) to start weeding out things NOW!!!</p>

<p>Before graduation, and then after graduation, we found ourselves helping our son weed out. He donated lots, but he also threw out tons of good stuff. We were flying to and from graduation, so space in suitcases was limited. </p>

<p>After dropping his older brother off at Alabama and then flying home from graduation with him, the younger son says he promises to have less stuff. I’m holding him to it.</p>

<p>I just re-read this entire thread, and the memories came a floodin’ back. I can add: I learned that my son evidently hadn’t learned what a toilet brush was for; the Brita water container filter had not been changed since I was last down there (October); and mold comes in many many many different colors.</p>