Lots of 4 room suites in RC S N

<p>^^^ no we’re from IL. We’ll get in town night of 7/7 and leave early morning 7/10.</p>

<p>All I can suggest is to ask. If I was on campus and living in a D space, I would be more than happy to, but alas, I will not be on campus at that time. There is a possibility that one of the suites in Ridgecrest East or Lakeside East is not occupied during the summer and you can look at one of those suites.</p>

<p>Crimsonmomtobe: Not sure if you know this but there is a floorplan for Ridgecrest East & West available on the housing site. It will show you the layout of the room (where the window, closet, door, etc etc is located). Here’s a link in case you haven’t seen it yet.</p>

<p>The numbers 1 - 4 correspond with letters A - D.</p>

<p><a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/halls/floorplans/rvr_rdg_floorplans/RCW_FP_Rendering_01-05-09_be_FOUR.pdf[/url]”>http://housing.ua.edu/halls/floorplans/rvr_rdg_floorplans/RCW_FP_Rendering_01-05-09_be_FOUR.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>LadyD, son is currently in Riverside East, first floor. He says the dorm itself is quiet but he has a suitemate who occasionally gets carried away with his video game. After speaking with the fellow and the RA about the noise, I eventually ordered a pack of ear plugs for him to use on those occasions so he could study in his room and sleep at a decent hour.</p>

<p>the floorplan is probably pretty accurate. maybe if one of the CC kids in in a D room they could measure - or whatever you are wanting to know.</p>

<p>My lil bro is in a D room in Ridgecrest East (same layout as West). If you have any specific questions I can ask him for you. Not sure if he has a tape measure but he might.</p>

<p>Thanks, all! And Sophocles – earplugs sound like a great idea. :slight_smile: We’ll steer clear of the waxy kind, though. I used to use those when DH snored, and one of them got lodged so deeply in my earn that a doctor had to dig it out. Ouch!!</p>

<p>Mike and NJ - thanks! I understand that some of the D rooms have an odd bump out in the wall. On the housing diagrams it is shown but not always in the same place where it is actually located. I was hoping to get a set of shelves that might fit a little tightly. </p>

<p>If that wall bumpout does prove to be in another spot - ouch! I was trying to find out if that was the case in West.</p>

<p>Thanks for any help!</p>

<p>I don’t recall there being any odd bump outs in the wall for the D bedrooms in Ridgecrest West.</p>

<p>As for ear plugs, I just get the orange foam ones used in construction and machine shops. :slight_smile: They work very well and you can put them in so they’ll fall out during the night and you can hear your alarm when it rings in the morning.</p>

<p>crimsonmomtobe - i don’t know if the RCW rooms have the bump outs or not. and even if they do, i am not sure they are exactly the same in each D room. you might just have to deal with this when you get there and see the actual room.</p>

<p>when we went for move in, we brought most of D’s stuff. then we had to make a trip to target for the things we were missing. one thing we added was a tall bookshelf ($25). if you have an odd bumpout you can hopefully address it when you get there.</p>

<p>don’t worry too much about target not having what you need. yes, they will be out of some things, but for the most part, they are set up like they are at christmas with pallettes and palettes of most wanted stuff along the aisles. we got the bookshelf and plastic storage drawers there.</p>

<p>the only thing they were out of for us was a 25 foot coax cable and one of those converters that converts a 3 prong plug to a 2 prong plug.</p>

<p>just looked at the floor plan. there are no bump outs shown in the RCW floor plan.</p>

<p>You can see the bump outs on the Ridgecrest floor plan and they are accurate. The bump out is just about the same width as the desk.</p>

<p>MW … in reference to your point about the 25 foot coax cable, I was reminded of something that I thought of a couple weeks ago but forgot to ask. If my D brings her existing TV for her room, it’s flat screen, but is an older model (one of those Thanksgiving blowout models). I’m not sure that we can bring the digital converter box from home since I think we rent that for a couple bucks a month from Comcast. So, where will we go to get a converter box? Or maybe we’ll bring one with us? Anyone have any experience with that on older TVs? Thanks.</p>

<p>i am not sure about the converter box. is that something that you could just get at radio shack? i bet you could.</p>

<p>when we first moved in there was a converter box there in the main living area, but none in the bedrooms, but then they came and took that cable box away.</p>

<p>this might be something that seatide could answer. i am sure there are some kids there with older tvs.</p>

<p>^^^ Thanks … I don’t want her to have an excuse to ask for a new TV. :-)</p>

<p>Back when the UA had Comcast, students had to use a cable box and pay extra for HD. With the new system, all one has to do is plug the TV into the wall and the cable jack. No converter boxes are required for any type of TV.</p>

<p>Thanks all!</p>