Loyola U of Chicago/LUC Class of 2023 Rolling Admissions Thread

Will everyone’s kids that were accepted be going to LUC???

@HM0527 , not sure. Depends on how the EA results come in in December, and also he has one reach RD (William and Mary) that I think is his favorite. So we won’t know for a while! But with this LUC acceptance in hand, he is not applying to any more safeties…LUC is a solid desirable for him.

@TS0104 completely understandable. D has one EA that she is waiting on with bated breath (ND)

@TS0104 one more thing. My D’s friend she met on a mission trip a couple years ago goes to W&M she loves it!

How long did it take to receive your acceptance letter in the mail after seeing it online? My D is anxious to receive the full package.

My son checked his portal on Monday 11/12 and got his envelope in the mail today 11/17.

We received the acceptance in the mail today as well.

My son submitted his initial application on 9/18 and test scores, transcripts and rec letters were sent on 10/30. We still haven’t heard… I’m a nervous wreck as this is one of his top choices!!

we are from Marin… Haven’t heard:(

A couple of my son’s friends have not heard despite applying before or around the same time. Hang in there!

We are from Seattle and haven’t heard either.

Anybody hear anything?

accepted today from Seattle

One of my son’s friend got her acceptance yesterday on the portal. I think the other is still waiting.

Not sure if anyone knows this but LUC doesn’t send emails. You have to keep checking your status.

Did you here back by the portal, email, or by mail?

Got accepted today through the portal. Out of state from MN

Nice. So you just logged in and it told you automatically?

Yes!! Just login and it’ll say status update I believe.

Congrats on the acceptances!! We are hoping to hear from Loyola soon.

We are from San Diego, coming from excellent high school (Cathedral Catholic) but she is on lower end of percentile grid (ACT 23, 3.4 GPA) but has strong excellent activities outside of school.

As you hear of acceptances, do you mind posting what the ACT and GPA are for accepted student? We’ve seen students from Cathedral get accepted with DD’s profile and I just hope it’s not a multi-month wait. She applied early October.

Thank you!