Loyola U of Chicago/LUC Class of 2023 Rolling Admissions Thread

@GJT619 Happy Thanksgiving! Being a Catholic school and acceptance based on a holistic review I think your daughter has a great shot at getting in. Especially if her EC’s are or well at least some are based off of LUC’s values. Did she express her strong desire to be a part of the community?

Thank you so much for the positive thoughts! That is what we are hoping, and her EC’s are definitely community service oriented which she wants to continue in her college environment. LUC is her #1 and I’m very hopeful that she will get an acceptance before Christmas. Thanks again for the note and will hope for the best!!

@GJT619, my son was accepted with a great merit scholarship, 29 ACT, GPA 3.5 UW and 3.8W. His scholarship was higher than a friend of his with similar grades but 31ACT, and another friend with amazing stats got a little more merit aid. My son is Catholic and has few but deep ECs in service and volunteer hours in the church…from what we can tell comparing to friends, that mattered.

When did you apply?

Yes! Just log in and it’ll say “An update to your application was last posted”

I will say they won’t email you, you’ll have to check the portal daily if you’re waiting for your acceptance.

@bubblytaco , if you are asking me, my son applied around October 10.

My daughter was accepted a few days ago: SAT 1210, GPA 3.8 (UW) at an Arts focused high school. Applied in September. Had no email, but the portal was updated and a few days later we got the packet in the mail.

Hi, I applied 10/30/18. Still haven’t heard anything. Where do you look to check and see if you have been accepted? Good luck to all!

@odfromthe203 hi you go on the application status portal and it’ll be updated with the info. No email comes out.

My son did an early application in September, with the counselor letter in mid Oct. Still have not heard. In Seattle. When we contacted they said it was being reviewed last week.

Got accepted 2 weeks ago. Heard back in 3 weeks after I applied. Should be interesting to compare LUC with DePaul!

Our daughter was accepted at both LUC and DePaul. LUC is currently in the lead.

@HMZ527 I just checked my portal, nothing yet. It just says “Let’s get started” in all caps and in bold. I verified all of my information and they have received everything they need to (test scores, transcripts, etc). Should I be worried?

@odfromthe203 no don’t worry!! I don’t know your stats but I would think everything is ok. They have lots of apps they’re reviewing.

@HM0527 awesome. Thank you so much!

The Adcom for our area told my son that it normally takes about “4-6 weeks” to get your decision after LUC has received all of required documentation for an application.

DD was accepted today!! She comes from Cathedral Catholic, ACT 23, GPA 3.4, and very good extracurricular activities. She’s a fantastic person and shines when you meet her. She did meet the Admissions Counselor for a long visit when they came to CCHS, which may have helped?

Very happy for her!

Best,

Greg

@GJT619 So So Happy for your daughter. I’m glad everything turned out ok. She sounds like a terrific young lady!!

How do you find out what scholarship you get because it didn’t mention anything about a scholarship on the Student Portal yet?