Loyola undergraduate Business bad?

<p>Hi,
I'm really interested in applying to LUC due to the fact that it's located in the best city in the world.
There's one major setback though, LUC undergraduate business is not even ranked in US News nor the Business Week. Wow, this school can't possibly be worse than University of Dallas.
The website says that there's a good alumni network in Chicago, but I don't think companies will recognize LUC at all.
Is there anybody who can refute this statement?
but I really want go to LUC. :)</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Companies in Chicago will definitley recognize Loyola. It's a local school, if you plan on working elsewhere I wouldn't recommend coming here.</p>

<p>It seems that:</p>

<ol>
<li> You are interested in business.</li>
<li> You want to go to school in Chicago.</li>
<li> You are open to going to a school with a religious affiliation.</li>
<li> You are already looking ahead to the exit value of the degree.</li>
</ol>

<p>In this case, I would recommend DePaul over Loyola - there is literally no comparison. There is a difference between a 'good' alumni network and employers flocking to the university to recruit students. Among all the schools in Chicago (I exclude NW and Chicago since they are national universities rather than local ones), DePaul has an incredibly large and active alumni network. It is not talked about that much, but it is very powerful. The alumni make sure their firms maintain an active presence at the school. Recruiters generally slight Loyola - in part because of a perceived lack of quality in the business school students and weak efforts on the part of career services to bring recruiters to campus. All in all, I would suggest that the DePaul degree is much more valuable than a Loyola degree.</p>

<p>My cousin studied marketing at Loyola</p>

<p>Working at J.P. Morgan as an investment banker now. Yep.</p>