LSU Early Action Admissions Fall of 2023

That’s fantastic, my older daughter got $19K from LSU, and the youngest scored slightly better, fingers are crossed its the same, but I think she is going to go to a Big 10 school if any of those schools get in the ballpark.

Just as an FYI for future students, my son received his scholarship offer from LSU yesterday (12/22) via email. It was significantly more than we expected, we were expecting $19K based on their NPC and all previous published data we could find, but they gave him $24,550/year for four years. I think that makes it a couple thousand less than Bama, because Bama starts our a little higher. So now he has some deciding to do.

He also got a scholarship offer from UH the same day, but that was only $4000. It does keep UH overall around the same cost as LSU and Bama, but I don’t think he’s interested in going there any more.

That is a fabulous offer. Despite having everything in for the application in 10/4, we still have not heard about admission yet! My daughter has a similar Bama scholarship so we are anxious to hear from LSU as perhaps it will be more. She received separate communication from LSU encouraging her to apply to the Honors College, so she ended up adding that. Yet, we still don’t have an acceptance. She only has LSU and U Miami who she has not heard from which seems so strange. U Miami we know will be late January, but we can’t believe we haven’t heard from LSU yet!

I applied to LSU in early August. I am an International though. I sent an email last month asking when I would get my admission decision and I was told that there was no specific time as it was rolling admissions. I am yet to receive a decision and it’s sad knowing the year is almost over.

LSU has been SO unbelievably slow and quiet on things. I had two emails to recruiters unanswered from them. My DS applied in August so I would say hang tight. He did also apply to Honors College and has not heard about that yet. They also sent tons of emails about applying AFTER he had applied.

Son received his acceptance on 12/22, applied early November. OOS, 4.3 weighted, 29 ACT, engineering.

1 Like

Pretty much identical stats, have heard nothing. Applied early Nov (before Nov 15) so maybe we hear something soon, but with everything else deferred, there’s no urgency because we won’t hear final decisions until March

1 Like

Did your son receive his scholarship amount via the email used to apply or did he first accept and enroll and then received his scholarship amount via his LSU email?

We haven’t even heard acceptance or not yet. Just still waiting. Do they generally send out scholarships with acceptance?

1 Like

Oh, I meant this message for Sbhubbell as she said her son received the scholarship and I was interested in how they were notified.

Son received scholarship 12/22 offer after acceptance 12/8. ($24,500 a year). Have not heard a peep from Honors college other than an email asking him to submit an essay.
LSU does not recruit enough or well. Our sons communication from every other school he applied to has been phenomenal.
Everyone in our family goes to LSU, so it’s more out of loyalty and legacy he attend. With that said, we are not impressed with their level of communication and slow responses, if any.

2 Likes

Thanks, my son received his letter that he had been admitted in October but he was not yet accepted the offer as was seeing where else he would be admitted. Sounds like if he accepted and paid the deposit he would learn about scholarship money which he was hoping he would learn without having to accept.

He has not enrolled, he got it via the email he used to apply.

My son did not accept the offer of admission but he got his scholarship offer.

My OOS son is still waiting on a decision. He applied early October. Are you still waiting?

Same here for my OOS daughter. The complete lack of communication has been a stark contrast to every other school - and is not impressive. She is ready to withdraw as she has every other option out there showing her interest and offering scholarships.

1 Like

Yup we are still waiting, I called the other day and was told that some admission counselors are slower then others.

When did you apply for lsu? My son was apply on October, but still no hear anything.

October 16th is when the application was completed with recommendation and transcripts

Those of us that are still waiting… what state are you from and what states if you don’t mind me asking. We are from Pennsylvania and she has a 3.6gpa no test scores