LSU Early Action Admissions Fall of 2023

Thanks a bunch!

Did your son hear anything? My son just got today.

3 Likes

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! We are still waiting. I think we arenā€™t going to wait on LSU. My son got into university of Alabama and we are going to visit next weekend. I donā€™t think weā€™ll make a separate trip to LSU. Not sure why they are taking so long but we need to move on at this point.

Child received email today asking them for additional things. Said there were good things about the application but admissions wanted to know more about them, and asked child to answer 3 additional short essays and if child wanted to submit updated grades or resume (child just received 1st semester grades and I think already submitted them)

I have no idea if kid will bother doing this or not. They applied to most of the SEC and doesnā€™t really have a strong preference. I kind of think there really isnā€™t much notable difference between the schools as far as child wants a large southern school with a big sports program because they want to work in sports.

Daughter just got acceptance for Ogden. Does anyone know if that come with any scholarship moolah? We are OOS and I am praying it somes with something more.

1 Like

I canā€™t believe itā€™s been a full 4 months with no decision. Crazy.

3 Likes

we are in the same boat. In at a few other schools including Bama. My son loves LSU and Bama. He is already in there with the red carpet rolled out. LSU should just switch their admissions to regular and not rolling so that expectations on the timeline are in check. We expected to hear within a few weeks. Applied mid Oct. We will wait it out a bit longer but probably not too much. It is very unfortunate.

I spoke to LSU admissions today. They said scholarship notifications will be coming out the month of March. Weā€™re OOS too praying for something.

Wow that is crazy! My son got into Bama as well, we visited recently, and he fell in love. Had LSU made a decision sooner he could have considered them. I just donā€™t understand their process. LSU was originally his first choice. I hope your son hears soon!

1 Like

LSU was our sonā€™s first choice, but University of Arkansas gave him a great scholarship and they have really acted like they want him there. Not only has he still not received a decision from LSU, both times I emailed his counselor to make sure his file was complete I got no response. Iā€™m worried that even if he gets accepted the customer service there is always going to be bad. I grew up In Fayetteville and both of my parents graduated from Arkansas. We have family that still lives there, so Iā€™d much rather he attended UofA anyway. I think heā€™s pretty much decided thatā€™s where heā€™s going at this point because LSU has taken so long. We are still open to it, but he would have to get some money since we are out of state and that frankly seems unlikely at this point.:woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

It sounds like he has a great option, but it really is disappointing that LSU hasnā€™t even given a decision yet. You are right about the lack of communication and that possibly being a sign of what to expect even after admission. I canā€™t even imagine looking at that portal and seeing a decision at this point. Iā€™m curious to see how long it takes though, even though my son committed to Bama. Good luck to your son and Iā€™ll post when we do see a decision.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats to your student as well. Bama is an awesome school! Iā€™ll post when we hear something too.

1 Like

My son got his acceptance on Monday and they said his financial aid offer should be available in about two weeks. Weā€™re visiting Arkansas next week, but definitely still open to LSU if he gets some financial assistance.

Thatā€™s great he finally got a decision! Good luck!

And congratulations on the acceptance!

So itā€™s down to LSU and another college for my daughter. From what I am hearing and seeing she probably will not get any scholarships. So I was wondering if anyone got a price breakdown yet. Is the tuition for oos around $53,000 year? It jumped up 10,000 in one year? And if they do go are they locked into that price or can it jump even more. As much as my daughter wants to go there coming out with over $200,000 worth of debt is scaring me.

intersted in this info as well

he got his acceptance earlier this week. now its deciding time.

1 Like

Thanks!

Thatā€™s the price breakdown we are seeing too. I donā€™t think our son is going to get any institutional aid either. He was already offered a 90% out of state fee waiver at University of Arkansas, and received very large academic scholarship offers from all the other schools he applied to as well. We are going to call and confirm that this is actually their final offer. LSU was his first choice, but he just canā€™t justify borrowing that kind of money to go there, so I think heā€™s probably going to be a Razorback. My parents both graduated from UofA, so Iā€™m honestly not too mad about it.:blush:

1 Like