Mandatory expenses after Freshman Year

<p>Bills will be final tomorrow, and I wonder what, beyond tuition, is mandatory. Things like fees, football tickets, etc. Is there a dining dollars or similar requirement after Freshman Year? Right now our balance is seven hundred+ dollars (as tuition is covered by Presidential)… So what comprises that amount?</p>

<p>If you go to mybama and click on the “pay your student bill” link, you will be directed to the billing page. Click on the “Activity” button (along the top of the page). Then click on “Current Statement” (middle of page). This should detail what has been billed. There should be $325 for Dining Dollars, also football tickets (and the handling fee) and the rest is probably course fees which are charged according to the classes she has scheduled. Hope this helps!</p>

<p>What if we havent scheduled yet because august BB (14&15)? When do they charge for dining dollars and classes if the deadline is august 8…[August</a> 8 Payment/Confirmation/Registration Bill deadline for students enrolled before August 9](<a href=“http://studentreceivables.ua.edu/important_dates_fall14-html/]August”>http://studentreceivables.ua.edu/important_dates_fall14-html/)</p>

<p>Thanks rocrollchslktide!</p>

<p>Dining dollars are billed every semester students are enrolled, they are not just for freshman. Course fees are mandatory every semester but may vary slightly depending on the courses they are enrolled in. I believe there are activity and health fees (I know they were optional fees for my son that will be co-oping in the fall), I believe they are mandatory for other students. </p>

<p>Football tickets are optional fee, for students that have a car parking fees can also be added on. </p>

<p>Dining dollars, course fees, football tickets and a commuter parking pass total up to a little north of $900 for my off campus daughter this semester. YMMV. </p>

<p>Unlike many schools, UA charges no activity or health fees for full time students who aren’t classified as distance learning students. Other UA students are allowed to purchase these benefits.</p>

<p>Course fees can vary widely, especially if one is taking certain graduate classes. Dining Dollars are billed to ones account, but the balance of ones Dining Dollars account can be refunded at the end of the year.</p>

<p>SEA_Tide, how large are the course fees for graduate courses? </p>

<p>Oops, never mind. I looked it up in the Detailed Course Information and figured out that for my D to take her Econ course as a graduate instead of undergrad course is a $220 fee difference. </p>

<p>Are bills final today?</p>

<p>I am an incoming freshman. As of now, only honors housing ($4400) shows up on my bill. Meal plans, dining dollars, health insurance (compulsory for foreigners), course fees and any other item are absent.</p>

<p>I hope they finalize everything soon because my parents are very anxious over such things.</p>

<p>@Bluefish18, have you registered for classes? </p>

<p>If not, then the school wouldn’t yet know what to charge you yet.</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids I have not registered for classes. I believe I cannot register for classes until I complete BamaBound Orientation (which is on Aug 14, way past the student bill payment deadline of Aug 8). Last time I tried to add courses on myBama it did not work.</p>

<p>I think items like Dining Dollars and the FYE meal plan are to be present on the bill, but just yet to be added there by the system.</p>