Manderson's (Business Grad School) Latest US News Rankings: Movin on Up!

<p>[University</a> of Alabama News UA MBA Program Ranks No. 32 among Public Institutions](<a href=“http://uanews.ua.edu/2011/03/ua-mba-program-ranks-no-32-among-public-institutions/]University”>http://uanews.ua.edu/2011/03/ua-mba-program-ranks-no-32-among-public-institutions/)</p>

<p>Good for Manderson!</p>

<p>Thanks for posting!</p>

<p>*The MBA program at the Manderson Graduate School of Business at The University of Alabama’s Culverhouse College of Commerce is ranked No. 63 overall and No. 32 among public institutions in the latest U.S. News Best Graduate Schools rankings.</p>

<p>“This is the third consecutive year our MBA program has made a positive move in the U.S. News rankings,” said Dr. Rob Morgan, associate dean for graduate programs at the business school.</p>

<p>“I think this is a testament to the quality of both our faculty and the students who choose us,” Morgan said. “Our average GPA is 3.5, our recruiter score is 3.2, our average GMAT is 640, and the average starting salary for our alumni is roughly $10,000 higher than other public institutions in the state.”</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>~snipped~</p>

<p>What is a recruiter score? Good to read about the biz school. I told S if he doesn’t go to med or grad school, he needs at least to get an mba before he leaves 'bama. I really regret not getting mine and I tried to go back once and it’s just so hard once you are working and have kids. Is this something you could do in one year with that scholars program (the name escapes me at the moment)?</p>

<p>A recruiter score is a score that corporate recruiters give to a particular school. It is seen as a desirable thing to have a high recruiter score because that means that corporate recruiters would like to recruit future employees from your school. Which leads to good 3 month after graduation employment rates as well as higher starting salary and hiring bonus numbers (all which also factor into MBA rankings.)</p>

<p>It’s a wonky statistic though. Apparently, corporate recruiter opinion surveys strongly favor schools whose graduates are concentrated in larger companies and with many MBAs per company. Schools that have students that are more entrepreneurial or non-profit focused take a ding in that scoring area.</p>