Match Me Avg. Student Class of ´24

Demographics

• US Citizen
  • Tennessee (Not looking to go to school here)
  • Mid-size, public high school
  • Male,white

Intended Major: History (Pre-Law)

GPA, Rank, and Test Scores

• Unweighted HS GPA: 3.3
  • Weighted HS GPA (4.0 scale): 3.5
  • ACT Score: 31

Coursework
4 AP classes and 6 honors classes.

Extracurriculars
*Work as a preschool teacher for 6 months, work as a camp counselor during the summer for a month, and work as a lifeguard for a year. In addition to my job I also am in leadership roles in both a club in my school and a Jewish youth group I participate in.

Essays/LORs
Both completed, looking good.

Cost Constraints / Budget

• (55,000/year at most)

I´m interested in large schools with lots of school spirit, greek life, and ideally a college town. Thank you for your suggestions!

Define here - i.e the South or just TN.

Because I could see schools such as WKU, Bama, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, LSU, Florida Atlantic (not really a college town), Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio U, maybe Miami of Ohio, WVU and more.

If you want Jewish life, Bama, FAU, Indiana, Ohio U and Miami with WVU in consideration.

If you are thinking outside the area and it’s not a college town per se, but Arizona and Oregon would both have great Jewish life - as would KU (Univ of Kansas) - in a cool college town.

So there’s so where I think you’d have a good chance.

Best of luck.

I definitely think you’ll be able to find a school that you’re looking for in your budget. I love that you’re a male with preschool teaching experience.

How important is Jewish life for you? @tsbna44 might be able to provide additional suggestions and/or insight.

These are some schools I would look into:

• Florida State
  • Louisiana State (LSU)
  • Penn State
  • U. of Alabama
  • U. of Arizona
  • U. of Arkansas
  • U. of Kansas
  • U. of Kentucky
  • U. of Massachusetts - Amherst
  • U. of Mississippi (Ole Miss)
  • U. of Missouri - Columbia
  • U. of Nebraska - Lincoln
  • U. of Oklahoma

But, if you’re interested in law school, talk to your family about whether any money “saved” on college would then be able to be used for law school. Law school is very expensive and having extra money would be very helpful. I understand the desire to go out-of-state, but I definitely think U. of Tennessee deserve an app and a visit (saving $30k/year over the $55k/year max= $120k toward law school).

U. of Arkansas has a scholarship program whereby students from neighboring states (including Kentucky) get significant discounts on tuition. That would get you out-of-state and a more reasonable price, too. And some of the midwestern states might be looking to increase their geographic diversity (i.e. applicants from Alabama may not be a dime a dozen for them, so they may offer you some merit aid to try and entice you to attend).

And…tsbna just posted before me!

1 Like

What is your preference for location? There are a lot of large schools with sports, greek, etc., and your grades/ACT/ECs make you competitive for many of them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.