MATH 1324 possibly not transferring as MATH 141?

<p>On the new core curriculum page, I found the following statement: </p>

<p>"MATH 1324 may not transfer as a direct equivalent to MATH 141 at Texas A&M University but will satisfy the core math requirement in most cases. The following degree programs will not accept MATH 1324 for MATH 141 unless it transfers as a direct equivalent: Communication, Economics, Psychology, and Telecommunication Media Studies."</p>

<p>Does anyone have any idea what this means? Does it mean that MATH 1324 will transfer as MATH 141 from some colleges, but not from others?</p>

<p>try the course equivalency tool <a href=“Texas A&M University - Transfer Course Equivalency System”>Howdy Security Block; you input the exact school you took the course from.</p>

<p>According to that, it will transfer. So hope it is accurate! Thanks!</p>

<p>I should probably add that this class hasn’t actually been taken yet, and partly I was trying to figure out whether it mattered where it was taken.</p>

<p>Ok, just poking around on the course equivalency system and entering different community colleges, it does look like as of this year, there are some community colleges for which 1324 used to transfer as 141 but now is just marked as “TRNS”. </p>