Math professors - who you liked and who you didn't

<p>every semester we get questions about who to take, so I’m making one thread about it that we can refer to each semester.</p>

<p>Try not to clutter it with extra stuff…just copy/post from the previous list and add new names/new info.</p>

<p>I’ll start (then copy/paste the below in a new post and add your own names)</p>

<p>David Halpern
Bruce Trace
Shan Zhao
Dr. Hadji
Dr. Martin
Jim Gleason (he’s famous for not just teaching the how, but also the why)
Martin Evans</p>

<p>Dr. Cecelia Laurie was also a fav, but I think she retired.</p>

<p>Is that “take” list or a “don’t take” list?</p>

<p>I think this effort is admirable, but I’m not sure you are going to get the results intended. It seems like most of the parents and students on this board are much more involved in the school than a typical parent/student. </p>

<p>Also, re: not posting any comments: My S might like a prof. because s/he is fast paced and does not do a lot of review. Other kids might not like the same prof. for that same reason. Teaching styles and learning styles differ vastly; what works for one may fail miserably for another.</p>

<p>Class2012…that’s a take list. sorry for the confusion…</p>

<p>To the others…</p>

<p>just copy/post from the previous list and add new names/new info.</p>

<p>I’ll start (then copy/paste the below in a new post and add your own names)</p>

<p>LIKE List!
David Halpern
Bruce Trace
Shan Zhao
Dr. Hadji
Dr. Martin
Jim Gleason (he’s famous for not just teaching the how, but also the why)
Martin Evans</p>

<p>(we are glad to see that Dr. Gleason got tenure recently. He was up for it and we see he’s gotten it. A very nice man who invites students to his family home for dinner and game nights…and his 5 little kids join in, too.)</p>