MDBCG Tryouts?

I’ve always wanted to audition for color guard at Alabama, and now I am eligible to finally audition. I will be a freshman next year with one year of experience in guard in high school. I’m a plus sized girl with glasses, so I was just curious as to what body types usually audition and make it. Also, what is involved in the tryout process besides your own routine and the group routine? How many people usually audition?
Thanks!

I have seen plus-sized girls serving as color guard, although not so many in the last couple of years. I’ve observed s more and more dance element in their routines, especially this year. Tryouts are April 28-29 here: bands.ua.edu/milliondollarband/color-guard/ I wish I had more info for you! You might try here: Spinning in Crimson (MDB Colorguard Alumni Group) | Facebook Much more recent alumnae hang out there. Good luck, and Roll Tide!!

This is only my opinion…but it isn’t one’s size that matters so much as fitness, strength, and passion. Go girl!!!

Good luck to you! For some situations (such as pep rally at Woods Quad and Elephant Stomp before each home game) the color guard group uses pom poms. For the Woods Quad pep rally this past fall, they definitely did some “light” dance routines. FYI in case you were not aware. Roll Tide!