Medi-Cal and Medicare not accepted?!

<p>Why do you guys think schools don’t allow you to have Medi-Cal and Medicare as your insurance if you live on campus? I’m going to UCSB, and they told me that they would not accept any form of either type of managed health care.</p>

<p>I don’t see why, because I see my doctor only when I need to, and my Medi-Cal plan covers the cost of any medicine I need from the pharmacy. The stupid health insurance at the school, however, says I have to pay 70% of the price for any meds I need, not to mention that it costs about 900 dollars per school year.</p>

<p>They’re just wasting my money. What do you guys think about it? Is anyone else in the same situation?</p>

<p>By the way, my Medi-Cal is for LA county only, but that’s still not too far from Santa Barbara. About 2 and a half hours. If I ever did get sick, I could easily visit home and see my doctor and get my meds.</p>

<p>sry, Mr.Boba: this is a common practice. Unless you have a PPO or indemnity plan that allows out of area coverage, few colleges accept a managed care plan.</p>