medical school in Dominican Republic

<p>I would suggest to go to a different country to study for just two years in case you don’t pass the mcats cause then after the two years you can just continue here in usa without any inconvenient but if you do the whole career over there it might be a little hard for you to pass the revalidation exams in USA But you can go to PR AND TAKE IT OVER THERE! I hear is much easier. I know A lot of doctors that have done it over there but to revalidate here in USA is severe… Plus even if u have a specialty you have to do the internship like a beginner</p>

<p>As a physician, I have seen other physicians trained in the Dominican Republic and in other countries. It’s not at they have less knowledge, but trying to understand how to practice medicine in a foreign country is difficult. I would probably have extreme difficulty practicing medicine in India, my country of birth. I would NOT encourage my children to go to medical school in the Caribbean unless they planned on living there. FMG’s face discrimination in this country. They are rarely competitive for the most sought after residencies such as Dermatology, ENT, Ophthalmology. On the other hand, if they told me that they absolutely do not care if they get a residency position in a less than desirable program and don’t care about going into a specialty, that might be something different. But, I totally agree that whenever possible, medical education should be in this country, if possible.</p>