Merit scholarship question

<p>Does Colorado College give any serious merit scholarships that would amount to a full ride, or at least full tuition? If yes, what kind of GPA/SAT/ACT scores do they expect to see? Are there many such scholarships awarded each year?</p>

<p>CC’s scholarship information is listed here:
[Scholarships</a> ? Colorado College](<a href=“http://www.coloradocollege.edu/admission/financialaid/scholarships/]Scholarships”>Scholarships - Colorado College)</p>

<p>The only full-tuition scholarship offered through the college is the Barnes Scholarship, which is available to Natural Sciences majors and requires a separate application. I believe this scholarship is very competitive, as the Natural Sciences department only gives out a few of these per year.</p>

<p>Thanks Colomom. Barnes Scholarship does seem to be quite competitive.</p>

<p>I have a friend on the Barnes who is studying Neuroscience. It is actually apparently not an entirely full ride- but still quite close.</p>

<p>Big merit scholarships (full ride or full tuition) seem to be rather uncommon at selective private schools (schools in the US News top 50 or so national universities and LACs). </p>

<p>On each section of the SAT, about 1/3 of Colorado College students score 700 or more. Only 12% of CC students get any merit aid at all (averaging < $14,000). I suppose only a very few of those get amounts approaching full tuition. They must be among the applicants with the highest grades and scores. So I’d guess the ones offered, say, $35K or more are in the single digits, with nearly perfect grades in challenging programs and SATs above 2250.</p>

<p>(I’m talking about academic merit, not hockey scholarships).</p>