Merit Scholarships

would anyone be able to share their stats and how much merit scholarship they received? I am interested in where I stand. Thanks

I have heard that you need at least a 1400 SAT out of 1600 to qualify for their 16k merit scholarship. Of course, all other factors like GPA and class rank have to be top notch as well.

I mean, i knew a girl who had like a 2100+ on her SAT and she had great grades, top 10% of her class, and she got a 5k. And another girl from my old school who was in choir dedicatedly for 4 years, peer counseling, also in the top percentage of her class (not sure what her SAT scores are) and she got an 18k. So, im assuming everything plays a role and its part of how they judge you holistically. It even says so on their website, but yeah I wish there was like a criteria to follow so we could stress less! :slight_smile:

Are you expecting decisions on or around 2/13? I’ve heard that as a rumor but nothing factual to back it up.

That would be late. It says early February on the admissions website. @st2015‌

Female International Student from the UK.
Got accepted around the 23rd of jan.
Short listed for Presidential scholarship(half tuition)
SAT - 2050
ACT - didn’t take
SAT 2s - 580 for English lit 660 for Math2
Retook those but haven’t got my scores yet.
Don’t have a GPA or class rank but for A Levels i do Maths, Further Maths & Economics & i got 2As & 2Bs for AS Level.
Did a tonnn of extra curriculars like 6months of volunteering, Silver DukeofEdinburgh, Peer reading & mentoring, Head of Sixth form Social committee etc
Majoring in Accounting
Common app essay i wrote about being brought up in a Nigerian household in the UK & i think it was kinda cool

• hope it was helpful!