What kind of merit can you get 3.95UW 1460 SAT

Rising senior. Top 6% of class, competitive school. 10AP 4AICE /1DE by graduation. Good EC’s with leadership but nothing earth shattering. In state.

My S20 had similar stats, SAT was a little higher and he only got $15k/year merit. We’re OOS. I think you would need 1500 SAT or higher plus a compelling story to get one of the bigger scholarships. It seems like Miami has moved more towards need based aid. Good luck.

Realistically, in-state tuition for Florida public schools seems awesome when it comes to cost. Be thankful. We’re in PA and our flagships cost $35k/year.

Thanks! Bright Futures and Florida prepaid combined make it hard to look elsewhere. UF or FSU it is!

@flprepaidmom @chmcnm My S had similar #'s and we got the same as you @chmcnm. Thank goodness because otherwise S wouldn’t have been able to choose Miami. Good school, nice location, but very overpriced and they are doing much more need based aid is what we heard on tour. We are not from FL, but had we been, UF or FSU would have been the choice. Even out of state, S was considering UF but thought it was too big. H and I were OK with that since we aren’t in state. We are from an area that sends a lot of kids to Miami and have heard very mixed reviews on UM. Personally, without some merit like we got and making a deal with S about spending reasonably down there, we would have only paid full tuition like that for elite, elite schools like Ivy or Vanderbilt/Northwestern/Notre Dame. I think the college experience can be found most places with happy students, on campus living, sports and a good attitude. The academics however are more important. Miami is still costing us a lot of money and I’m ripping my hair out since decision day, my S is second guessing himself and choosing Miami. Ugh!!

They have some premiere scholarships! You might have a chance if you apply EA and have like some fantastic essays and LORs.

Also I don’t know if you’re a National Merit, but Benaquisto scholarships for in-state florida national merit scholars are fully rides at every public school and like 16k a year at umiami