Miami or UF

<p>I was recently accepted to both Universities.. Miami for Fall Pre-Med and UF for Spring Pre-Med. I recently visited Miami and loved the campus as well as the students that were present for my tour as well. I go up to UF almost every other weekend because my sister (a current phD student) lives there and attends UF. For the financial package, Miami is offering scholarships, but is pretty much telling me to take out a $50,000 loan to cover the rest of the tuition. UF is offering only loans. SO which one should I attend? Be a Cane or a Gator?</p>

<p>How much is Miami giving you? O.o
Because total COA is only around 52,000$. & it sounds like you’re in state… so you should at least be getting FL residents & Bright Futures?</p>

<p>Depending on how much UM is giving you I recommend that you attend UF. Id understand how you would want a diff atmosphere from what you’re used to. I’m in the same boat: I’m basically at um every other day and super excited to switch to gville. But since you’re probably instate and have some form of bf hopefully the COA won’t look anywhere near as daunting as UMs. Plus since your pre med you should def put off high loans until grad school</p>

<p>would that be 50,000 for four years or per year? I agree with jenneraytion: getting high in debt right now considering you want to go to medical school isn’t wise. I’m in your same position only I’m transferring to either UF or UM come the fall. I haven’t been accepted to UF just yet but I’m keeping my fingers crossed. UM didn’t give me any scholarships and I’m still waiting to hear back regarding my financial aid package.</p>

<p>When did you apply/hear from UF? I heard back from UM after about 6 weeks (I applied for the March 1st deadline). I don’t understand why I haven’t hear back and my major is pre-med.</p>

<p>I still love UM. there’s something about that school and has me won over. I live about 5 minutes away and I’m still not tired of it. The only bad part is how expensive it’s become.</p>

<p>Take the challenge to be better than your sister.it’ll be fun</p>

<p>Miami has now offered me some scholarships, bringing down my total to $39K in a PLUS or Private Education Loan… will accruing this debt now in undergrad severely hinder my lifestyle in the future? I spoke with my Guidance Counselor who’s brother took a very similar path to mine (Private undergrad and Med School) and now lives very comfortably. Granted, he is an anesthesiologist, while I’m pursuing more of a Pediatric field.</p>