Michigan State Class of 2027 Official Thread

It’s his gpa. My kid has 3.87, 1490, national merit commended, no invite. We know a lot of kids that are 3.92, 1440-1480, no invite. Friend with 3.98 and 1440, and 5s on AP got invite.

Got accepted today. Portal with MSU OOS scholarship + Study abroad aid. Major - Human Biology. Anyone researching campus housing options and any suggestions?
Does MSU have an admitted students day or something like that to visit campus? I’m OOS - California

1 Like

There are some visit options on the website including an Admitted Students Day on April 15. Registration for it is not yet available. We’re OOS too (NY).

There should also be a sign up on your portal where you can register for an “”Admitted Student Event.” It looks like there’s many dates available…

D did not get tuition exchange from Pitt:(

Also, the email said no wait list.

My DD applied 10/31 and still no decision. They did ask for 7th semester grades. Should she reach out to her counselor or keep waiting? She was accepted to 6 other schools immediately. I don’t want her to miss out on acceptance to another school while waiting for MSU ( her first choice) to decide. Thoughts?

How would she miss out on an acceptance? She has until May 1 to make a decision.

1 Like

For all schools or just MSU?

All schools

Hi All. For those who may be waiting for direct entry admittances to Broad, my daughter received an email this morning telling her to check her portal. Her status has been updated to Business Admitted!:heart:

Pretty bummed here. We did not hear from Broad this weekend and D23 already has Honors College and max OOS merit aid. We thought abroad would be almost a sure thing.

I’m so sorry. This admissions season has been really strange. Are you able to wait it out until the next round in mid-April?

1 Like

Just as a heads up, there is an active shooting on MSU campus right now. At least one person has been confirmed dead and multiple are injured.

Sending prayers to everyone at MSU.

13 Likes

My son applied late and was accepted but has not heard on the honors college … it has not been 8 weeks, but the website says all material needs to be in by 2/19 … should he send the email with the prompt before the 8 weeks, or wait the 8 weeks, and if he still has not heard send the email after @/10

Considering the events on campus this week - how are your kids reacting? As parents, what do you think? Will the campus actually be more safe when/of our kids show up because of this event?

My son seems to be ok and it has not affected his verbalized interest in attending. I’m not concerned for his safety there any more than anywhere else. I’m very concerned, however, about the social environment… The place was such a happy, festive, joyous place. I’m concerned the place is going to be, understandably, grieving for a considerable time to come and how the tragedy will affect the mental health of the students, including students who have not even started yet. I’m very worried about that currently.

4 Likes

This is it right here. Current MSU students, professors and staff will all be processing this trauma for a very long time. My concern for this incoming freshman class will be their ability to have a “normal” college experience. I have heard that there may be permanent closures of the Union and Berkey Hall, both central to the campus. There have been calls by current parents for heightened security and “badge in/out” locks for all public buildings. I cannot even begin to imagine how I would feel if I were a parent of a current MSU student or what changes I would be calling for, and I am in no way faulting them for any of it. That said, I truly do not know if I now want my daughter to attend MSU knowing full well that she will be reminded every day of this tragedy. That may sound callous, but that is the reality. She didn’t live through this nightmare, but 3/4ths of the rest of the student body will have…every current freshman, sophomore, and junior on that campus. These are the impossibly hard conversations that we are currently having in our house, and I’m sure they will continue.

4 Likes

Exactly. It sounds like such a meaningless issue compared to people who are going through actual tragedy, but I worry for him to be in a grieving environment. We are out of state, so it didn’t happen to my son’s “community.” But how will he be affected by being around so much grief and tragedy?

1 Like