MIT Admissions Fall 2022

Hi! I’m an international student from London.

13 GCSEs grades 8-9
5 A levels (avg you take is 3) Advanced Maths, History, Psychology, Physics and politics
All A* predicted
Head girl
Lots of charity experience
Worked with my mop for the past 3 years
Interned at the Bank of England and the British library

Just some of my credentials!

13 Likes

**MP - member of parliament

adMITted!! In so much shock right now!

26 Likes

what major are you interested in?

Kiddo rejected.
Took it very well. Probably had lowered his expectations after the deferral.

4 Likes

I am hoping to double major in political science and history. That may change in the future who knows!

2 Likes

Not planning on Cambridge or Oxford? close to home. The real Cambridge :-), no pun intended

My son was accepted and I am still sitting here in shock…

23 Likes

You can only apply to Oxford or Cambridge not both. I applied and have been accepted to Cambridge but I would like to continue my studies in the US and make new experiences away from home. I was rejcted Ed from a different school so did not have high hopes for MIT!

6 Likes

Pun very much appreciated!

1 Like

D was rejected (after EA deferral). Totally expected so she’s okay.

I’m genuinely so excited when I read the acceptances here! Congrats to you/your kids!! I can only imagine how amazing you all are!! :partying_face:

14 Likes

Rejected, but still eating pie tonight. Congratulations to all who were accepted. Best of luck to others rejected on their other applications. Everyone is sure to land somewhere great.

10 Likes

Pie in the oven. Waiting for my son to come home from robotics. We will either celebrate with or be consoled by sugar. :apple: :pie: For those accepted, did they announce financial aid packages at the same time?

5 Likes

Ah yes, we’re having pizza and pie tonight too! :pizza: :pie:

Congrats again to all who are in and good luck to all – you all have done so much to even be considered for MIT admissions so you will surely end up somewhere great!

5 Likes

No. I don’t even see the “awards” tab. But then again, they haven’t processed all of my materials (cause i submitted some stuff the other day).

1 Like

S22 Accepted, after deferral.

I’m still shaking.

39 Likes

Congrats!!

2 Likes

@huango CONGRATS to an incredible kid and his wonderful parents!!! So exciting and well deserved! Now he can have his cake and eat it too :blush: Hope you all can savor this special moment!

2 Likes

Same here. D22 got in!!! (I assure it’s divine’s interferance and nothing less). Wishing all those accepted a very best luck and those who are not good luck for the best. Loved the personalized note from Stu Schmill on her acceptance letter. Way go MIT!!!

38 Likes

Honestly, I think that every kid that applied is amazing. As a parent, we know they are amazing because we know the work and effort they’ve made to give themselves a chance at all these types of schools. Kids that apply to these types of schools are kids that have guts and are determined and are well on their way to fantastic things and careers they envision for themselves.

13 Likes