Mod questions

<p>Hi - I'm hoping one of you more seasoned parents can help me here. My older son is moving into Greenwich. I can't find any information on what's supplied in the mod and what isn't. He's pretty sure he'll have a furnished room but isn't sure about kitchen utensils and the like. Can anyone direct me to a page that gives this information? My google skills are failing me!</p>

<p>Thanks, in advance.</p>

<p>The bedrooms are furnished pretty much the same as the dorm rooms (bed, modular desk unit, bookcase, dresser, chair, wastebasket.</p>

<p>The kitchens are not supplied with cookware, utensils or dinnerware; students need to bring all of that on their own. There is usually a kitchen table and chairs. </p>

<p>The common living room generally was unfurnished also. Our kids told us that each year, Hampshire was going to furnish more common rooms with couches, but I don’t know how far they have gotten.</p>

<p>The Hampshire website seems curiously skimpy about such information, perhaps because the assumption is that virtually all mod-dwellers are continuing students who know more about this stuff after going through the housing lottery.</p>

<p>I would suggest going to the Parent-to-Parent Move-in page (<a href=“http://sites.hampshire.edu/family/?p=7506[/url]”>http://sites.hampshire.edu/family/?p=7506&lt;/a&gt;) on the Hampshire Family Blog site. If you ask your question there, it will be seen by more current families or students. If that doesn’t work, email <a href=“mailto:reslife@hampshire.edu”>reslife@hampshire.edu</a></p>

<p>Hi ALF - thanks so much for this. I thought that was the case about cookware and such but wasn’t sure - and my son wasn’t so informative :-/</p>

<p>I’ll check out the blog.</p>

<p>Much appreciated - hope all is well! I imagine you miss Hampshire except for the payments.</p>

<p>Yes, I do miss Hampshire, especially the Fall move-in ritual. As for the payments, those will continue for a few more years until the loan is paid down.</p>

<p>Hopefully, your kid is in one of the renovated Greenwich mods. Hampshire appears to be renovating one Greenwich dougnut each Summer. The old ones seem to have a mold problem.</p>

<p>Ugh - mold - I hope he doesn’t end up in one of those. Guess we’ll find out in a few days!</p>