MS Office for Students

<p>I am sure I have missed something, but is there a location (campus bookstore, on-line) for Bama students to purchase a discounted copy of MS Office? Our older son had access to it for 10 bucks at another institution of higher learning.</p>

<p>I asked the same question at the Supe store recently but the version I bought wasn’t anything like $10, it was about $80. It came in the form of a 4-year subscription, I think they call it Office 365 or something like that.</p>

<p>That $10 program is MS home use. UA does not seem to be eligible but check with your employers. </p>

<p>[Microsoft</a> Home Use Program - Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013. The software suite includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access and more!](<a href=“http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/home.aspx?dialect_id=en-US&country_id=US]Microsoft”>http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/home.aspx?dialect_id=en-US&country_id=US)</p>

<p>Some software may also depend on what major / college you are in. For example, my D is MIS major in the Business School, and they have their own technology download site for many software downloads. This may include office because I know she has it on her laptop and we did not buy it for her. So, unless it came loaded on the laptop she received for NMF benefit, she must have downloaded it from somewhere.</p>

<p>@happytraveller - DH went with DD to buy her computer, and the 365 was what they ended up getting too. </p>

<p>UA is set up for it, as DD had to get verification of enrollment from UA in order to install the software.</p>

<p>I don’t like the lease concept for software. We have had computers die after 2 years. Will the MS 365 license transfer to a new computer? We’ll have to wait and see.</p>

<p>Good to know that you can get this through UA, just have to go through extra steps. Thanks, MereMom. Husband can get it through his employer so we just went that route instead of checking it out the UA possibility any further. </p>

<p>As far as transferring, MS says the following. Looks like you can install on multiple machines. </p>

<p>“Office 365 is a Microsoft Online service, thus if you have the Office 365 account, you can log in to Office 365 on multiple computers, and add your Office 365/Exchange Online account on Outlook clients. You do not need to “transfer” license, and you can download the latest version of Office and installed it on at most five computers with one Office 365 account/Office Pro Plus Subscription license.”</p>

<p>Thanks for the information, Class2012Mom!</p>