My application has been "being reviewed by an admission counselor" for 3 weeks.

<p>Should the decision be up soon? How much longer do I have to wait?! I can't take it any more.....</p>

<p>My son's was at that status for five weeks. I feel your pain! We thought once it got to "being reviewed," we'd be hearing really soon. Let me tell you, it was a loooong five weeks, but hopefully your outcome will be as great as my son's (accepted!). Good Luck!</p>

<p>Not much got done over the Holidays so I'd consider that lost time. They should be picking up the pace now. Applications were a new record and more time is taken to read essays, etc than in the old days.</p>

<p>Yea my friend just heared back today after having that for like 5 weeks...so hang on</p>

<p>It's been exactly five weeks for me today. Hopefully that means I'll hear back this week :)
Do they send you an email on what their decision is? Or do they send you a letter in the mail?</p>

<p>You won't receive an email notifying you of their decision. It will be on your UW page, and you'll receive something in the mail. Keep checking online.</p>

<p>I think my son's was actually five weeks and two days to be exact! Maybe you'll hear by Friday? Hang in there...Good Luck!</p>

<p>you must have written a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, long essay. jk :)</p>

<p>good luck, i think they're just backed-up right now.</p>

<p>4 weeks today. Hopefully the longest I will have to wait is another week or so.</p>

<p>5 weeks and 2 days.</p>

<p>I'm going nuts.</p>

<p>7 weeks here.</p>

<p>It took them almost 10 weeks for me. Late October through mid-January. I know it sucks but just be patient.</p>

<p>6 weeks today.</p>

<p>I just called the admission office, and they said my 'projected decision time' is mid-february.</p>

<p>I'm giving them 9 days before I go crazy.</p>

<p>I just was on the phone with the rep for the western states. She said she is all caught up working on the last group of apps but some of her other reps are having difficulty with the new on-line system and are still reading apps from earlier this year but theyy are all working overtime to get it done. They also had a couple of key people leave and are shorthanded so, PATIENCE. Not hearing from them yet does not mean you are not likely to get in.</p>

<p>Thanks, barrons.</p>

<p>If it helps, my stats are</p>

<p>3.55 UW GPA/3.9 W (with VERY strong upward trend, accomplished that from a 3.0 UW freshman year)</p>

<p>33 on ACT (11 writing)</p>

<p>2 strong reccomendations/2 good essays</p>

<p>Music/theater/NHS/work experience for extracurriculars</p>

<p>Attend a nationally recognized public HS in northern IL.</p>

<p>Could it be that it's taking longer b/c I'm borderline between getting in/postponed?</p>

<p>No, many are still getting their first reading. You should have a very good chance.</p>

<p>As a student at Madison currently, I have talked with my friends about getting into this school and many of us feel that it is almost just a random pick and choose.<br>
1. It is much easier to get into this school if you're from Wisconsin or Minnesota
2. I know people who were more than qualified for this school who were denied or let in at the very last second. One of those happens to be my roommate currently. He had a 31 on his ACT, I had a 28. I was accepted within 3 weeks, he was let in one month before classes started in the fall.
3. If you're still waiting to hear back and this is the school you absolutely want to go to, it may be helpful to call and let them know that should you be admitted you will be attending this school.</p>

<p>Go Badgers!
When you get in I expect you to keep the party tradition strong.</p>

<p>oh, of course. I'll probably opt to live in lakeshore but people in those dorms still party, right?</p>