My car?

<p>Should I bring it with me in the fall?</p>

<p>I'm going to be living in a dorm and will likely walk to all my classes, but I need a car in case I need to go to walmart or something, especially when the bus isn't running in the evening or late at night if I need to go to wabash landing.</p>

<p>I don't know how much parking passes cost or how feasible it is to bring a vehicle when I'm not sure how often I'll use it. Not to mention I'm an extremely nervous driver in places I've never driven before.</p>

<p>Anyone have any insight?</p>

<p>honestly, you’ll survive if you don’t bring your car. living on campus you’ll probably rarely use it, unless you like driving people around or frequent walmart. walmart and wabash are easy to get to on the bus, yeah its kind of inconvenient taking the bus sometimes but it’s easy. and wabash is definitely in walking distance. also, there’s not many other places to go around campus to be honest. most people who have cars on campus either live relatively close to purdue (not sure if you do or not) and drive home on the weekends or live in an apartment off campus. and driving on campus can be a nightmare, everyone jay walks. </p>

<p>freshmen also aren’t technically allowed to have a car on campus, so they say, but they do a raffle for parking spots during the semester for freshmen and just other people who don’t have a parking spot. however, if you got a spot, it would be in the mccutheon parking lot, which is far. and i think it’s like $150 for the year i think for a spot if you get one.</p>

<p>I’m not a freshman. I’m actually going to be a sophomore.</p>

<p>I think I’m just a little leery of the buses because one time I got on the wrong bus and went to kmart instead of walmart and then freaked out because I kept missing the bus back to campus and thought that I was going to be stranded out in the middle of lafayette because it was late. XD</p>

<p>Thanks for answering my question. I don’t think I’ll bring my car. I just don’t want to have to carry my groceries all the way across campus because I got on the wrong bus.</p>

<p>A reason why Tark Mart is the best when it comes to dining dollars. No bus to Wal-Mart.</p>

<p>Ah, thanks!</p>

<p>I actually had switched my meal plan from 12 to 10 because I wasn’t using all of them and ended up using all my dining dollars. I didn’t know until too late that you got way more under the 12 meal plan. XD</p>